Do I need both 1.0.9.342 and 4.6.0.586 installed on my computer? [No,delete older version]

jaybeckerman
jaybeckerman
Community Member
edited October 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have two programs installed on my pc running windows 10. Do I need both for the program to run correctly?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: 3.9.21.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox?
Referrer: forum-search:do i need 1.0.9.342 and 4.6.0.586

Comments

• @jaybeckerman - you do not need 1Password 1.0.9.342 installed. To uninstall it -

Click on Start > Control Panel > Programs&Features - find 1Password in the list 1.0.9.342 and click on Uninstall.

• pthornley
    pthornley
    Community Member

I also have two versions of 1Password installed on my Windows 10 desktop. When I attempt to uninstall version 1.0.9.342 I get a message that it is still in use. When I use Task Manager to look at processes that are running, I see three processes associated with 1Password. They are 1Password, Agile1pAgent, and Agile1pService. The first two are in my 1Password 4 directory and have been recently accessed. The third process is in my 1Password directory and has not been accessed since December 20, 2013. Is it safe to stop the latter process and then attempt to uninstall version 1.0.9.342?

• @pthornley - Can you restart your Windows PC and then try uninstalling 1Password 1.0.9.342 again. Please let us know if this helps.

• pthornley
    pthornley
    Community Member

All it took was a restart and then the uninstall worked. You gals and guys at agile bits are the greatest. You always come through.

• @pthornley - I'm so glad that was an easy fix and thank you for the kind words :)

This discussion has been closed.