how (can I import additional fields via CSV)?

bhiggi
bhiggi
Community Member
edited October 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I can import a login with all items. But, how do I add a custom field to the import template.

1Password Version: 4.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: kb:import, kb:create-csv-files

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @bhiggi ,

So that I am clear on your question:

1. Are you asking about importing via the 1Password CSV importer?
    2. And you want to know how to get the CSV importer to read your extra fields in the CSV file?

If so, the 1Password for Windows CSV importer only reads the fields available in the CSV field mapper dialog you see.

Can you further describe what your data looks like?

• bhiggi
    bhiggi
    Community Member
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Darn!

I have about 100 passwords I want to import and update from another system on a monthly basis. I am looking for a way to denote them so I can delete and reimport each month.
    Thanks

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 2015

@bhiggi,

If you can tell me the names of columns you want to import, I have a suite of converters that can do what you want. I recently added a generic CSV login converter to the suite (included in the 1.07 version in the _testing folder mentioned in the first post of the thread). It will be trivial to quickly customize that converter to add your additional columns, and perhaps even add them as custom fields.

• bhiggi
    bhiggi
    Community Member

All I would need would be one more column "PM". Then I can flag it Y or N so I can mass purge based on that?
    That would be easier then creating another vault, etc.

• bhiggi
    bhiggi
    Community Member

I mean field.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@bhiggi ,

OK, go ahead and download the 1.07 version of the converters, and follow the README directions. I'll then get you a customized "csv" converter to do that. It will add a field to the Login record with the same name that you provide in the CSV header. Is that OK?

• bhiggi
    bhiggi
    Community Member

That would be awesome. I finally got rid of Keeper!!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@bhiggi ,

I'll have the converter for you tonight. You can use the existing 'csv' converter now, but it will place your extra fields into the Notes area as Key:Value pairs. If this is good enough, you're done. Be sure to format the CSV as per the README.

• bhiggi
    bhiggi
    Community Member

Cool. thanks. One more question. What does the Contains Folder Name Separator check box do and how do you use it>

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@bhiggi,

I had a few more minutes, so finished it up. In the same _testing folder, grab the file csv-converter.zip, unzip it, and move that Csv.pm file into the Converters folder, replacing the existing Csv.pm.

Add new columns to your CSV, and the data will go into new fields in the Login.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@bhiggi,

You're going to import 1PIF files, so the Contains Folder Name Separator is not relevant. It allows your titles to be split by \ so that a title named "Biz\My Biz Login" would go into the folder named Biz, with the title My Biz Login.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 2015

Example (run on a Mac - Windows will look similar)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@bhiggi ,

I've promoted version 1.07 to the stable release - it includes these changes. Just grab the 1.07 release as mentioned on the converters page.

This discussion has been closed.