1Password 4 for Windows on a 1080P screen

I own 1password for my iPhone, Mac, and hopefully my Windows laptop as well. When I downloaded the program (not the alpha app) and started using it I quickly realized how outdated it looked. The whole application seems very fuzzy and blurry. Is this ever going to be updated? I don't want to pay for a license now and then be asked to pay when they release a high resolution version. Any clue on when they plan on making a version 5?

Comments

• Hey there!

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback and your concerns.

We're aware that 1Password 4 for Windows has room for improvement in the UI department (lots of room).
    The app is built on a code base that was developed before high-DPI screens or even high-resolution screens were the norm.

A redesign is planned but it is going to be a while before an update will be released.
    While I can't promise—even though I'd like to—that the next major version will be a free update for you if you buy a licence today, I can assure you that we would never take advantage of our customers.

Let me give you an example: When we released 1Password 4 for Windows, customers who bought a licence for 1Password for Windows almost two years prior, received a free upgrade.

I hope this helps with your decision. If you need anything else, we're always here to help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@neldonado: Also be sure to check your Windows HiDPI settings for the app, as that can help 'clear things up'. I also use 1Password on a 1080p display frequently (technically it's a TV...) so be sure to let me know if you have any other issues. I'll be happy to help! :)

• JohnnyFJohnsson
    JohnnyFJohnsson
    Community Member

@AlexHoffmann I am very very excited hearing more about the upcoming Windows update in the future. Looking for major UI improvements to bring the Windows version up to par with the Mac and iOS version (functionwise as well).

• You should definitely check out our 1Password for Windows Modern Alpha, then.
    It will give you a good sense of where we're going, even if it still is very rough around the edges.

As for bringing the Windows version up to par with the Mac version, it's really a matter of creating feature parity where possible on all platforms. There are things 1Password 4 for Windows has pioneered (like dice ware passwords) and features like Auto-Type that aren't yet available in 1Password for Mac, that many users wish to see there, too.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.