I am close to throwing in the towel. I want to make this work. Yesterday I spent 6 hours with anothe

2»

Comments

• jonatha
    jonatha
    Community Member

When I do this it takes me to 1P/W top hits......

• jonatha
    jonatha
    Community Member

Why isn't this working, I am doing what you are saying but I do not get there?

• jonatha
    jonatha
    Community Member

Wish I knew how to bring up the page i get on this message, as you have done. That might help you.....

• jonatha
    jonatha
    Community Member

I am still getting 1P/W top hits and I've tried over and over....

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

As soon as I press ↩︎ my Mac opens 1Password and hides the top hits.

Unfortunately I have no idea why your Mac behaves differently.

• jonatha
    jonatha
    Community Member

It just doesn't work....

• jonatha
    jonatha
    Community Member

You really should, with me, explain that the return key hid top hits. I just did not know you even had top hits as well. I linked them together so it did not hide Top Hits Also I have never hit command and space bar together before, why would I.
    OK so I have taken all the ticks off the all the boxes on the. Back to my original question it seems it is not necessary to keep putting in the MPW when I am working with my entries. With respect do you understand my question, please say if you don't and I can put it another way.....?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jonatha ,

I’m sorry that you’re still struggling with this. I think we might have an easier time if we moved this conversation to email. I’m sending a message to the email address that you have in your forum profile. Please reply there and we’ll see if we can make some headway.

ref: XZB-28338-731

• jonatha
    jonatha
    Community Member

Anything that can help would be most appreciated Megan.

• jonatha
    jonatha
    Community Member

Out of interest why will it be an easier time on e-mail? I'll still be typing with one finger..........

• justme12
    justme12
    Community Member

@jonatha Instead of Spotlight you can also use the Apple Launcher for all your applications

Once you have 1Password open, if you then click and HOLD the click on the 1Password icon now in your Dock, you will get a menu list, Go to Options and select Keep in Dock. 1Password will not stay in your dock for easy opening

These are just some tutorials on Mac OS if you are interested

Full Free Tutorial - OS X El Capitan - Part 1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frxBhvMoXwE

Preview - OS X El Capitan - Part 2 - Photo Extensions & Notes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-xTTSW6poA

Spotlight
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKdtQDSLQa0

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jonatha ,

You should have an email in your inbox titled "getting started with 1Password.” If you reply to that message, we can have a more direct conversation. There are some options for support we are able to offer via email that we cannot in a public forum, and I really think we might be able to make more headway there.

• jonatha
    jonatha
    Community Member

I don't seem to have that Megan....

• jonatha
    jonatha
    Community Member

Did you get that, I don't seem to have got your e-mail

• jonatha
    jonatha
    Community Member

I spent some time watching the tutorials,one of which was about 14 mins of cat photos and the other about El Capitan I'm not really sure I'll ever need other than spur me to go to Yosemite which looks utterly beautiful.

• jonatha
    jonatha
    Community Member

Can you send your e-mail again Megan sorry about this.......

• jonatha
    jonatha
    Community Member

Found Launchpad finally!! and can get into One Password!!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that you were able to open 1Password from Launchpad. Be sure to check your spam folder for Megan's email, and let us know if you have any questions at all. We're always here to help! :)

• jonatha
    jonatha
    Community Member

Thank you for your fast reply, yes I checked Junk which is what Apple calls Spam..(I believe that's right). I hesitate to accept your kind offer of help as I would like to give Megan a chance. I think she has read the backlog of my mail which is important to understand my sad lack of skills in 1 P/W and it is her suggestion we go to e-mail. With thanks however for the kind thought.

• jonatha
    jonatha
    Community Member
    edited April 2016

This message is for Megan, not sure what is happening here. Is there an e-mail wrapped in a tutorial "getting started with 1P/W
    is that what you are saying, because I have checked my messages and junk mail and I can find nothing from you anywhere relating to an e-mail other than you are sending it.

• Email removed by moderator and forwarded to the staff * ~ thightower
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

@jonatha You email has been forwarded to the staff and removed from your post for your own privacy. I am sure they will be in contact with you soon.

• jonatha
    jonatha
    Community Member

Kind of you but there was no need. I do not have a privacy problem.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jonatha: What thightower meant was that this is a public forum, so while you may not have a privacy problem currently posting your contact information here is not advised, at the very least because spammers could pick it it up and send you a bunch of junk. Better safe than sorry!

I'll resend Megan's email shortly, so keep a look out for that and we can continue the conversation there.

This discussion has been closed.