OPVault sync Issue [all devices need to point to the same vault]

Andrew42
Andrew42
Community Member
edited October 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I moved to opvault yesterday and now neither my IPad nor IPhone will sync. I think I may know the reason but don't know how to fix it. My opvault is in dropbox/apps/1password/. However my agilekeychain sits in dropbox/1password/ and that is where I think my IPad/IPhone look for the vault to use.
If I am right how do I change 1password on my IPhone and IPad to look in the right place for the vault? I have read all the 1password documentation I can find on Dropbox and syncing and either I do not understand what I'm reading or there is no instruction on how to point 1password on Ipad or Iphone to the correct folder in Dropbox . I've read the link "switching to opvault" but either the article is for MAC not Windows or the illustrations relate to an older version because my Preferences Tabs are different. I've attached a screenshot of my PC current Preferences!
Thank you for your patience and help.

1Password Version: 4.6.0 Beta 590
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox in theory

Comments

• @Andrew42 - You will need to disable and then re-enable sync on your iPhone and iPad and then point them to the new location -

Run 1Password on iOS device.
    Go to Settings > Sync.
    Tap on Dropbox.
    Tap on 'Disable Sync'.
    Then select Dropbox sync and you will see all the 1Password vaults in your Dropbox to select from.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Thank you. That worked a treat on the Ipad. On the IPhone I received this error message. Now I have duplicated entries that have synced back to my Dropbox and propagated over to my Ipad, so:
    1. How do I delete the vaults on the IPhone and Ipad that have duplicate entries
    2. How do I delete the vault on my desktop PC so that I can restore a backup without the duplications
    3. How do I then sync to the IPhone without getting this error message.

Thank you for your help

• LauraR
    edited October 2015

@Andrew42 - You can restore a backup in 1Password on Windows PC as follows -

Run 1Password on Windows PC.
    Click on Backup > Restore 1Password Vault from Backup - you will see a list of all backup files. Select the latest one with correct data, click on Open.

If your 1Password data is now correct on Windows PC, you can start over on iOS devices as follows

• Run 1Password on iPhone.
    • Go to Settings > Advanced - scroll down and tap on Erase Data and Settings.
    • At this point 1Password will quit and then when you run it again, it will start 'as new'.
  • Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Thank you. That has worked well.

• @Andrew42- Thanks for letting us know that all is now working.

This discussion has been closed.