Internet Explorer Command Bar Icon

• I am running Windows 7 Home Premium.
  • I have installed 1Password version 4.6.0.586.
  • The 1Password program is installed and seems to be working fine.
  • The 1Password extension is enabled in Internet Options.
  • Problem: I cannot place 1Password on the Command Bar.
  • 1Password does not show up in Available Toolbar Buttons when customizing the Command Bar.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: 4.6.0.586
OS Version: Windows 7 Home Premium
Sync Type: Wi-Fi
Referrer: kb:missing-extension-button, kb-search:command bar icon, kb:missing-extension-button

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@CindiHerbert: Be sure to check that both add-ons are enabled in Internet Explorer as well. And then you should be able to add the button to the command bar. If you're still having trouble, be sure to let me know which version of Internet Explorer you're using as well. Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• bjtheboro
    bjtheboro
    Community Member

I just installed 1Password in Internet Exployer 11. 1Password browser extensions not showing. Both add-ons are enabled as well as 3rd party extensions. Still no luck seeing Browser icon. I have 1Password for Mac as well which runs great. Liked so much I bought version for Windows. Still unable to get Browser icon to show. I am looking for the Mini button so to easily open sites like i do on my Mac. Guidance please.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bjtheboro: Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, you didn't mention the command bar. Have you enabled it as I suggested in my previous post? Thanks in advance! :)

• bjtheboro
    bjtheboro
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty. Below is addition information that may help you problem solve this issue.
    _Problem: Cannot see 1Password extension icon in web browser command bar (IE 11)._
    Running: Windows 7 Home Premium with IE 11
    Installed 1Password V 4.6.0.592.
    Seemed to install ok, loaded desktop icon, and works from desktop icon. Also works by Ctrl +\
    Followed earlier Agilebits instructions:
    1. Verified under Manage Add-ons that 2 add-ons were Enabled. However one of the 1Password icons was under "Not Available" section.
    2. Verified under Internet Options/Advanced - Browsing: Enabled 3rd Party Browser extensions was checked.
    3. Within 1Password Preferences - Browsers, the Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.18124 is checked. Also, Google Chrome 47.0.2526.73 is also checked.
    4. Verified IE command bar was checked also.
    Computer has been restarted but still no 1Password extension icon in web browser command bar.
    Hope this helps with the additional information and troubleshooting already performed. Look forward to your assistance. Thanks in advance.

• Can you please try

1. quitting Internet Explorer 11,
    2. unchecking the Internet Explorer add-on option in the 1Password preferences and confirming the action by clicking OK,
    3. checking the option again and confirming again,
    4. opening Internet Explorer 11 and checking if it works now?

If it doesn't work, can please tell us whether you're using a third-party security feature like Kaspersky Safe Browsing?

• bjtheboro
    bjtheboro
    Community Member

Alex, I tried what you outlined above in steps 1 - 4. However the IE command bar 1Password extension icon still does not show up. The icon does show up in the Google Chrome command bar. In regards to third part security, I am running Norton Security. Any thoughts next to attempt repair? Thank you for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bjtheboro: Yep!

1. Disable the Internet Explorer extension in 1Password Preferences > Browsers
    2. Restart Windows
    3. Disable Norton temporarily
    4. Enable the Internet Explorer extension again in 1Password Preferences > Browsers
    5. You should get a prompt from Windows UAC — allow 1Password to install
    6. Then make sure that both add-ons are enabled in Internet Explorer
    7. And enable the Command bar with the button

I hope this helps. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• bjtheboro
    bjtheboro
    Community Member

Sorry guys, but the steps outlined by Brent did not work. Still no 1Passord icon showing up in IE command bar. Should I uninstall and try to reinstall with Norton turned off?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2016

@bjtheboro: That's certainly worth a try. I'd uninstall the IE addon(s) completely. Be sure to verify this in both 1Password and IE itself. And then when you reinstall it (I'd install a fresh copy of the app after rebooting, just in case), make sure you're getting the UAC admin prompt, which will be required for the IE installation. If that isn't happening, there may be something else — besides Norton — blocking it.

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

ref: YXW-45188-533

This discussion has been closed.