Initial Synch b/w iPhone and MacBookPro - then iPad

Assistance with initial synch
I have been using 1Password for quite some time on my iPhone and have grown to love it. Now, with iPad in hand, I would like to transfer all the stored data from iPhone to iPad. Not sure how to do it??? I assumed that I had to upload and use 1Password for Mac as an intermediary. I can't figure it out. Any suggestions to remedy this would be most appreciated.

J Buller

Comments

• bswins
    edited June 2011
    Hello J Buller and welcome to the Forums!

I use Dropbox to sync my 1Password data on my Mac, iPhone and iPad. Using Dropbox allows me to update my desktop and iOS devices automatically. I make a change on one device, and the other two platforms are updated too!

You will need to setup Dropbox syncing using 1P for Mac, but you do NOT need to keep the desktop version installed after setting up the sync. if you haven't already purchased a desktop license, you can just download the 30-day free trial and setup Dropbox. After you're done, you can delete the desktop version.

Please see the following help guide for setting up Dropbox: Automatic Syncing Using Dropbox

If you aren't concerned about keeping your passwords synchronized between your desktop, iPhone and iPad, a quick way to transfer all your stored data would be to use the Backup/Restore process. You create a backup of your iPhone data and restore it to your iPad.

The following help articles will help you perform that procedure: Backing Up and Restoring Your 1Password touch Data (backup iPhone data) & Backing Up and Restoring Your 1Password Data (restore/import backup file into iPad)

Personally, I recommend the Dropbox option. Ever since I took the cloud sync plunge, I've been extremely happy with the functionality.

Please let us know what you decide!

Cheers!

Brandt
  • J Buller
    edited June 2011
    Many thanks. I will give that a try. JB
  • My pleasure!

Let us know how everything goes.
This discussion has been closed.