How to tell if I'm using OPVault or AgileKeyChain?

How can I tell if the local and backup 1PW file is using OPVault or AgileKeyChain? Info: No Sync. Windows v4 app only. My backups say ".agilekeychain" in the file name.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: None

Comments

• @Stonecurse - To see which type of vault you are using -

Run 1Password on your Windows PC.
    Go to Preferences > General - you will see the path name there.

Does it end with .agilekeychain or .opvault?

• Stonecurse
    Stonecurse
    Community Member

It's .agilekeychain so I assume that means I'm not on OPVault. :-( Wish it would have hinted at using the new version when I created my vault just a few months ago. Would of saved me a ton of hassle. Not sure I can trust the export/import method blindly, without double checking everything. A lot of stress when you have so many entries.

• Hi @Stonecurse,

That's a very good idea to not blindly accept the import process. We have found some issues and are investigating it but it is mostly with the much older vaults created prior to 2012. If you created the vault a few months ago, your import should be smooth. Keep an eye on the item counts as the first test, to ensure it imported the same amount as the export count before you start testing for attachments and data.

You don't have to delete the older vault, you can still keep it alongside with the OPvault version as you can switch between them any time. Once you're sure all data is imported correctly, you can then delete your AgileKeychain vault. Since you're not using any syncing, there is no privacy risk to your vault, your metadata leak isn't leaving your computer.

This discussion has been closed.