1password has stopped working, and I cant figure out why

I cant open the program from my hard drive, - if I choose "used before", it tells me that I can the folder path is not a password vault, whatever that means.

When I click on the chrome extension, I get the same info.

I dont know if my license is good for version 4 or 3.

Before all this happened, my browser extension was giving me a message: "something is preventing password helper from running"

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password has stopped working, and I cant figure out why...

Comments

• LauraR
    edited October 2015

@cbaus3 - Are you able to get to the unlock screen? If so, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Windows PC:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• MikeT
    edited October 2015

Hi @cbaus3,

Are you selecting the 1Password.agilekeychain folder itself when you picked I've used 1Password before? If you go deeper inside the folder, it will not be a valid 1Password data file because it needs to end in .agilekeychain.

Are you syncing 1Password with Dropbox or a different sync service or do you only have 1Password on your PC?

This discussion has been closed.