How do I choose the unwanted logins in trash that I want to delete without emptying all the trash?

Options
bone12
bone12
Community Member

I have several old logins that I have sent to trash and I want to permanently delete only these certain few logins without emptying all the trash. How do I select which ones I want to get rid of without losing or deleting the other logins I want to keep in trash for now?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bone12,

We do have a open request regarding this as currently partial clearing of the Trash is not possible. At the moment our Trash models the OS X approach, the idea being it should be easy to intuit if it's like the operating system. I have added your question as a request to see this happen though. For now though sadly the answer simply is that it isn't possible.

ref: OPM-1418

• bone12
    bone12
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the reply. There is some old logins I will never use and eliminating them clears the clutter. There are also some logins I am not currently using and to clear the clutter in the main list I put them in Trash but want to save them if I need to restore them for later use. The option to pick and choose deletes is definitely a plus.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bone12,

What you might find is a better alternative for items that you're unsure of is an archive vault. This would allow you to separate the items you don't mind trashing from those that. An archive vault isn't anything special, it's merely a secondary vault that you use to store stuff separately from your main vault but without wishing to permanently delete. I know others do something like this and find it quite handy. Could this be a workaround?

This discussion has been closed.