Can't open url from chrome exetnsion

From chrome extension if I open some url then it does not opens SOMETIMES. For eg.

If on my tab abc.com is open. From this tab I search for xyz.com login in 1PW and then click on xyz.com.

SOMETIMES it open xyz.com in new tab ( that's nice ) BUT many times it does not do anything ? WHY ?

1Password Version: Windows 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: Chrome 4.4.3.90
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jitus856,

If on my tab abc.com is open. From this tab I search for xyz.com login in 1Password and then click on xyz.com.

1Password shows you the Login items it can fill on top of the 1Password menu automatically.

If you have to search for it, that means there is no Login item it can find to fill on the current site. That also means if you try to force-open it from your search or from Logins submenu, 1Password will open it in a new tab because it cannot fill within the tab you're on.

When you ask 1Password to fill, do you first wait for the site to load or do you try to fill right away as you visit the site?

Can you try to open abc.com again in your tab, wait for the site to finish loading, and then press Control + \, does 1Password fill at all? If not, what if you try again 2-3 times?

• jitus856
    jitus856
    Community Member

Hi Mike,
    It seems I was not able to mention my problem clearly.

My problem is I have saved xyz.com in 1 password. On clicking it , it sometimes opens in new tab ( this way I want ), but MANYTIMES it does not open in new tab or even in same tab. It seems like it is dead.

In this case, I have to open desktop version, search xyz.com ,then from bottom panel, click URL and then it opens in new tab.

Also I found that, i have one more site 123.com/index.php. MANYTIMES NOT ALL TIMES it happens that when I open this from 1PW instead of opening this url it goes to google search and there is search with my password term.

For me, Control + \ has never worked. I restarted helper also many times. But this is not priority issue

Overall 1PW is very good but this are few things which are very irritating and spoiling whole mood.

P.S. = I am using chrome latest version and 1PW latest version on Windows desktop and chrome extension

• jitus856
    jitus856
    Community Member

Mike, at below link, I have posted video of the error I am facing.
    https://dropbox.com/s/cfi9zvleazhpdi9/1pw-error.3gp?dl=0

I tried 3 times. 1st and 3rd time I tried by opening url through mouse, and 2nd time I tried to open with keyboard. That url is not opening. BUT THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN Every time. This happens sometimes only

And this does not happen with this login details only. This happens with other login details also.

I tried by pressing REPAIR under FILE option also.

• jitus856
    jitus856
    Community Member

And Mike, I tried by restarting browser and same login id worked . See below video.
    https://dropbox.com/s/s7pvmpagyg7mmib/1pw-after-restart.3gp?dl=0

But hope you understand that every time to login it is not possible to do restart of browser.

So both above videos shows that same entry loads sometimes and sometimes not. So problem with 1PW

• jitus856
    jitus856
    Community Member

Mike, one more issue I faced today.

I saved abc123.com in 1PW. Some times it opens correct site, but sometimes it opens totally different site abcxyz.com ? Where did this totally different site abcxyz.com came from ?

• jitus856
    jitus856
    Community Member

Mike, one more issue I faced today.

I saved abc123.com in 1PW. Some times it opens correct site, but sometimes it opens totally different site abcxyz.com ? Where did this totally different site abcxyz.com came from ?

• Hi @jitus856,

Are you seeing all of this from the New Tab tab? Do you see the same issue if you're on a site first?

When you see this problem again, please generate the 1Password diagnostic report after this, so we can see what was going on in the background. Use this guide to generate the report and email it to us. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

• jitus856
    jitus856
    Community Member

Yes, same issue is there whether it is NEW TAB or I am on a site first.

Today morning also I enountered same problem, but restart the brower. Now I will send you report also, soon, because this problem is happening every now and then.

And thank you MikeT for your continuous and prompt support, people like you make the company great.

• jitus856
    jitus856
    Community Member

Hi Mike, I have sent report as informed by you as I faced the issue again.

ONE MORE PROBLEM I found that, sometimes it enters data correctly, in username it enters username and in password, it enter password correctly. BUT sometimes in username it enters password and keeps password field blank. IN THIS CASE, i have to place the cursor on username then I have to click entry on 1PW and then it enters correctly. This happens with many saved logins .

SECOND NEW PROBLEM, sometimes instead of entering creditendials in field, it search for Password term in GOOGLE. For eg. for abc.com I have password as 123456 , then when click abc.com in 1PW, it opens google search page with term 123456 ( password )

• jitus856
    jitus856
    Community Member

If you want, do inform me, I will post ticket ID here.

• Hi @jitus856,

ONE MORE PROBLEM I found that, sometimes it enters data correctly, in username it enters username and in password, it enter password correctly. BUT sometimes in username it enters password and keeps password field blank. IN THIS CASE, i have to place the cursor on username then I have to click entry on 1PW and then it enters correctly. This happens with many saved logins .

That sounds like auto-type, not our extension. Can you open the main 1Password app, unlock, go to Logins, and select the Login item you were using, edit it. Can you scroll down to the Auto-Type feature, is Use Auto-Type in web browser turned on?

SECOND NEW PROBLEM, sometimes instead of entering creditendials in field, it search for Password term in GOOGLE. For eg. for abc.com I have password as 123456 , then when click abc.com in 1Password, it opens google search page with term 123456 ( password )

Ok, that also sounds like auto-type, not extensions. There is no way our extension can interfere with the address bar in any browser. The only time that can happen is when auto-type is used.

The difference between Auto-Type and extension is this:

1. Auto-Type is a brute method where 1Password automatically starts typing your username, press tab, then password and press enter if you have auto-submit turned on. This means you must focus the username field first before you use Auto-Type or 1Password will do all of these things in whichever field you have. Sometime, someone would press auto-type in a web browser with no focused field and what happens is that the next tab 1Password presses, goes into the address bar and type the password.
    2. Our browser extension works by injecting our scripts inside the site's source code and the scripts does not have the ability to escape the website, which is why it is not likely to send the password to the address bar nor is it possible to mix up the wrong fields, the script looks for specific fields before typing it, it does not type password in the wrong field.

I've found the email and we'll reply to your email as soon as we finish analyzing your report. We have a smaller team on weekend but we will reply soon.

ref: UFU-22977-827

• jitus856
    jitus856
    Community Member

I remember 2 sites where I had this problem today and at both place Auto type in web browser is on.

Do You think by disabling it, this both problem will be solved ?

And Mike, You Are already providing better support. No problem if there is delay in reply. We can understand on weekends reply delays, after all we are also Running a company. No issue, Mike :)

• Hi @jitus856,

Yes, please disable them and try again, see if it works better. Auto-Type should only be used as a last resort when the extension can't work on the page and we have no alternative workarounds for the page.

This discussion has been closed.