Not able to activate License Key

Avinashkn
Avinashkn
Community Member
edited October 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

This website is under heavy load
We're sorry, too many people are accessing this website at the same time. We're working on this problem. Please try again later.

I installed 1Password4 and I am trying ot activate the license key and I get the error "error parsing response from server during licence activation"

I tried to manually activate the license key from the URL: https://agilebits.com/licenses/activate?key=XXXX&product=OPW4 and I got the error "We're sorry, too many people are accessing this website at the same time. We're working on this problem. Please try again later."

Can you please help in activating my license key?

And Can you please help in getting it activated on my mobile device as well?

I did try to follow the forum "https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/3631/error-parsing-response" and it didn't help :(

Thanks,
Avinash K N

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Avinashkn
    Avinashkn
    Community Member

Able to get it Activated now :) Can someone please help me in setting the 1Password License on Mobile?

Thanks,
    Avinash K N

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Avinashkn: I'm sorry for the trouble, but I'm glad to hear you were able to get the license set up! However, 1Password is licensed on a per-platform basis, so for example 1Password for Android is a separate purchase from the Windows version. In fact, Windows apps cannot be sold in the App Store or Google Play store, and won't run on other operating systems either. Also, this allows people to purchase only the versions they'll actually use (for instance, if you don't have a Mac you'll have no use for that version).

That said, both 1Password for iOS and 1Password for Android are free downloads, with an in-app purchase for Pro Features and Premium Features respectively. And it's on sale across all platforms currently as well. I hope this helps! :)

• cjadamswork
    cjadamswork
    Community Member

I too am getting the dredded error parsing server... Grrrrr
    cjadams.work@gmail.com was the reg. address.

• JOeMTC
    JOeMTC
    Community Member

Seems like there are server connectivity issues with 1Password today (Nov. 21, 2015). I had been getting the same error trying to enter my license key for 1Password 4 for Windows. I just tried once again and finally was able to register. (I don't use proxy server and even turned off my firewall temporarily). I also noticed a "We are having server issues" notice from 1Password's website after I installed the extension for Firefox.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JOeMTC: We've been making some improvements to the servers recently, and unfortunately between DNS and caching there have been a few hiccups. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

@cjadamswork: I was going to suggest that you contact us via email if you're still having trouble, but it appears you've already done so. I'll reply to you there momentarily as well.

ref: DJH-27597-495

For anyone else with a similar issue: apart from server changes, more frequently people run into issues due to an insecure connection (1Password will reject the query if your SSL connection is broken, often by 'security' software installing an invalid certificate to monitor your traffic). Regardless, fee free to contact us directly at support+licenses@agilebits.com so we can help you get registered. :)

This discussion has been closed.