How do I sort the list of favorite sites in the 1password extension for Firefox 41.0.1 on Windows 7

SHINSF1PASS
SHINSF1PASS
Community Member
edited October 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Running 1password 4.6.0.586 on Windows 7. I have assigned 4 sites as "Favorites" I can sort these alphabetically in the 1password program, but can not find how to sort them in the 1Password extension for Firefox 41.0.1. Any ideas?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:How do I sort the list of favorite sites in the 1password extension for Firefox 41.0.1 on Windows 7

Comments

• Hi @SHINSF1PASS,

1Password does not support automatic sorting for favorites, it is intended to be sorted manually. The manual order of your favorites is saved in the favorites index file that we store in your data folder that is synced with other computers, it is also this file that helps the browser extension on how to order your items.

However, in the main program, we have a header row on top that does let you sort it automatically but it doesn't update our index file, it is a temporary sorting method. Once you terminate 1Password via the File Menu > Exit, the order will revert to the index.

If you want the order to be alphabetically, you have to do it manually. To do this, first, terminate 1Password and then open it, go to Favorites, and right-click on the item to move it up and down to however you want it.

We do know this is a frustrating way to order your favorites, we're looking to make this easier in the future.

This discussion has been closed.