Password Lost for Windows / Mac Still accessible

I recently changed my masterpassword on my Mac installation, and I am still able to access 1Password on the Mac. On windows I am not able to login anymore, even after a reinstall.

Can I reset my Password for the windows install only?

Regards
Beuvema

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 8
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @beuvema,

Are you saying neither the old or new password worked in 1Password on Windows? Did Dropbox finish its sync before you unlock 1Password?

There is no way to reset your password, that is not technically possible anywhere since we're encrypting your data based on your password. However, you can restore to an early backup and try again but before we do that, let's first figure out a better way.

Have you done a reboot? It is unusual but we've seen in the past that an update or even a password change from a different computer sometime requires a Windows reboot.

• beuvema
    beuvema
    Community Member

Hi MikeT,

One way is to uninstall 1P reinstall it and start with the dataVault from my mac, would that be an option?

Ragrds Bernd

• MikeT
    edited October 2015

Hi @beuvema,

Reinstalling the program would not help because your 1Password data is not stored within the program, it is stored outside of it. As soon as you open it after reinstalling, it will simply reload your existing data file.

Dropbox pushes the same data file from your Mac to your Windows PC, so if you're able to unlock it and 1Password can make changes to your data on your Mac, that generally means the data file is fine and the problem is on the PC side.

We can recreate the vault from your Mac database, that is certainly an option but as I said, try to reboot first, it may be as simple as that to fix it. If not, we'll work on the next step.

• beuvema
    beuvema
    Community Member

Mi MikeT,

Just rebooted, no luck :(
    FYI running 1P 4.6.0.586 on Windows10

• beuvema
    beuvema
    Community Member

Using same Vault as my Mac - Synching with dropBox

• Hi @beuvema,

Can you email us your 1Password diagnostic report. Please use this guide to generate a diagnostic report to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

• beuvema
    beuvema
    Community Member

Hi MikeT,

Support file sent.
    1P is not accesible anymore from iPhone, PC. This is the report from my Mac where 1P is still working.

• Hi @beuvema,

Back up your 1Password data on the Mac, go to the File Menu > Backup.

I got your report, we'll reply to your email on what to do next.

Thanks!

ref: SXT-13627-447

• beuvema
    beuvema
    Community Member

Hi Mike,

THANKS BIG TIME!

I have it working on all deviced again!

• Great, thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.