1Password crashes on Win10 64 Bit every time [Fixed in the latest beta, stable update to come soon]

Finke03
Finke03
Community Member
edited October 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,

I bought 1Password for Windows. I downloaded the version from you website, installed the software and chrome extension and started to migrate my passwords. After adding 2 Passwords, the software crashes with the error "Access violation at address 00000000. Write of adress 000000". After this error it's necessary to close 1Password via Task Manager. This problems occurs everytime, so that it's not possible to work with this tool on Windows 10 64 Bit. Does some other users are facing the same problem? How can I solve this issue?

Regards
Finke

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: Win 10 64 Bit
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Finke03
    Finke03
    Community Member
  • Hi @finke03,

Are you using a tablet or any of the Windows' accessibility features?

We think we found the cause and have fixed it already in the latest beta, we're testing the fix to make sure it doesn't cause any other problems and we are also waiting to hear from our beta team to confirm this.

Since you can't use 1Password right now as it is, I would recommend installing the beta to see if it is fixed for you. Here's how:

1. Open the main 1Password program, unlock, and go to the File Menu > Preferences > Updates
    2. Check the box next to Include Beta Versions and press OK to save the changes
    3. Go to the Help Menu > Check for New Version and let it install the beta.
    4. Reboot your computer and see if 1Password is more stable now.
  • Finke03
    Finke03
    Community Member

Hi,

thanks a lot. I already had the same idea some minutes ago and installed the latest beta version. Since using this beta the problem didn't occur again.
    I assume the Beta Versions are as secure as the final, or? Will the software inform me about the release of a new final version, if I'm using the Beta Version?

Regards and thanks

Finke03

• Hi @Finke03,

That is awesome to hear, thank you for letting us know.

I assume the Beta Versions are as secure as the final, or? Will the software inform me about the release of a new final version, if I'm using the Beta Version?

Yes, it is secure to use a beta version. We do and will not ship any updates to the public that would compromise your data's security, the only thing to expect from a beta version is potential instability as we test new changes.

1Password should prompt you to install the latest stable update along with the beta updates. However, you can turn off the beta update right now and it will only notify you of the next stable update. We are planning to ship this update very soon.

This discussion has been closed.