is it possible to create new item types

I would like to create a custom types for "Valuable Items" is this possible?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:create new types

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @fowlesp,

Our paths cross again.

1Password does not yet support creating custom categories. What you can do in the meantime is use an existing category, add whatever custom sections and fields you need, and save the blank item as a template, or sorts. Then, when you need one of these, Duplicate the item, and fill it in with your details.

See my post here for how using Tags and Smart folders can help you keep these items grouped.

• Hi @fowlesp,

MrC nails it, you can create a semi-custom category by using one of the built-in templates, customize it with custom fields and sections, and save it as a template to duplicate from.

However, 1Password on Windows does not support smart folders (regular folders are fine) as it is an exclusive API we're using on OS X that can't be used on other platforms. You can use tags in the search field by pressing Alt + down to get the list of tags to select. /cc @MrC.

• fowlesp
    fowlesp
    Community Member

Ah! hello again @Mrc and @MikeT

(obviously this has come about while import my data from Splash :-))

So in your importer can I just add fields and mappings to "notes" for example?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@fowlesp,

Let's take your questions about customizing the converter offline, so that we don't burden the AgileBits folks - they want to close out threads with their closing remarks, so they known a problem is resolved (or at least doesn't need more follow-up).

My email is at the top of the converter script.

• fowlesp
    fowlesp
    Community Member

okay

• Please do let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

This discussion has been closed.