New user's questions about license

I have three questions about 1password :

1. If I buy one license for Windows, how many computers could I authorize? I have two computers, need I buy two?

2. If I change my computer, could I use bought license for new computer?

3. Why don't you have Chinese version for Windows?

Comments

• MonsterCLAUDE
    MonsterCLAUDE
    Community Member

Forget to say, thank you.

• MonsterCLAUDE
    MonsterCLAUDE
    Community Member

Does the license have service life period?

• MikeT
    edited October 2015

Hi @MonsterCLAUDE,

If I buy one license for Windows, how many computers could I authorize? I have two computers, need I buy two?

The license is based on the number of users, not computers. If you buy the Windows license for 1Password, you can use it on any numbers of Windows PC you use and from anywhere (home, work, etc) as long as you're the 1Password user on these computers. We do not keep track of installs, activations, or anything like that.

Our licenses at our store also comes with the family benefit, you can share it with up to 5 family members, making it a total of 6 users.

The license does not expire, it is a one-time fee to unlock a specific version of 1Password. If you buy 1Password 4, you can use it forever on any PC that runs the supported Windows versions that 1Password 4 can run on (Windows 7,8,10).

If 1Password 5 comes out and it is a paid upgrade, you would not have to buy it right away if you don't need it but you can choose to upgrade at a discounted upgrade price.

If you get Mac+Windows bundle license, that gives you any PCs and Macs you and your family uses.

If I change my computer, could I use bought license for new computer?

Yes, you can use it on any PCs you want.

Why don't you have Chinese version for Windows?

We have the translation almost ready to go but the main issue is the UI we've built in 1Password does not support Unicode or multi-byte characters, it breaks when it tries to load Chinese. We need to upgrade the UI and then we can support Chinese fine.

I do not have a timeframe on this but we're working on it.

• MonsterCLAUDE
    MonsterCLAUDE
    Community Member

Thank you very much, @MikeT
    But I have a new question.
    I can share my license with my 5 family members, how many computers could they authorize?

• MonsterCLAUDE
    MonsterCLAUDE
    Community Member

@MikeT
    And how should I share my license with family? Just tell them license?

• @MonsterCLAUDE - Each of your 5 family members can use your license on any Windows PC that they own. Download from here. They can copy/paste your license key.

This discussion has been closed.