On my desktop computer, I am having to put my password in twice to open 1password.

I recently upgraded to Windows10, I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I don't have to put it in twice on my Android phone.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:having to put password in twice

Comments

• Hi @Lisa_Poole,

We have seen quite a bit of weird glitches caused by the Windows 10 upgrade and we're working on improving 1Password's compatibility with it based on the reports we're getting.

Can you explain a bit more about the issue; are you saying that when you open the main 1Password program, you entered your master password in the password field but 1Password said it is incorrect and you have to enter it again or is it something else?

Also, are you using the secure desktop unlock or the regular unlock?

• Lisa_Poole
    Lisa_Poole
    Community Member

I don't know what the difference is. I did a search on the term and nothing comes up. Could you please direct me to something that will explain the difference between secure desktop unlock and regular unlock. Thank you.

• @Lisa_Poole - 1Password gives you the option to use Windows’ “secure desktop” feature when enter your master password, so that key loggers and other malware cannot capture it.

Logging in to the main 1Password program, just click the Use Secure Desktop button.

To use secure desktop for the 1Password extensions, too, just enable the Use Secure Desktop option on the Browsers tab of 1Password preferences.

• Lisa_Poole
    Lisa_Poole
    Community Member

I see the "unlock on Secure Desktop" button. Not having the password captured is a great feature but am I suppose to have to enter it once just to get the screen with the button on it to come up? Then have to enter it again.

• @LIsa_Poole - from the lock screen, click on 'Unlock on Secure Desktop' and then you will see the password entry box on a black screen. Enter your password and 1Password will unlock. You should not have to enter the password twice. What are your steps?

This discussion has been closed.