Sharing

Hi ...
These are pre-purchase questions which will help us decide how many licences we need...

re sharing
1. does sharing within a vault have to be at an individual level, or can I share a "folder" eg Secure Notes?
2. if I have a single licence, can I share an share an item with a user who does not have a licence?

re access levels
1. Can I assign read/only access to another user
2. Can I add a 2nd level password to more sensitive items?

re licences
1. My managers both need access to the same vault, which will be stored on a Dropbox. Windows at work, and iOS (apple). What is the recommended licence requirements.
2. If they are 'sharing' items with other staff, does this require a separate licence for each user at work?

Thank you !
Margaret

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:license-requirements, kb:choose-sharing, kb:is-sharing-secure, kb:contact-us, kb:share-item

Comments

• @marketing - Each user of 1Password for Mac or Windows will need to purchase their own 1Password license. You can purchase multi-seat licenses at our business store. You can share a 1Password item as described here or you can share an entire vault using Dropbox sharing as described here. Once you provide them with the master password for that shared vault, they’ll have full access to all the Logins and other items stored within it.

1Password 5 for iOS is free for basic functionality including:

• Creating, editing and viewing Logins, Credit Cards, Identities and Secure Notes
    • Syncing with other devices through iCloud, Dropbox and Wi-Fi
    • Filling items in 1Browser, the Safari extension and in other supported apps
    • Unlocking 1Password through Touch ID on compatible devices
    • And lots more!
      In addition, there are a number of Pro Features that can be purchased through a single in-app purchase:

• Creating, Editing and viewing all other categories, including Wireless Routers, Software licenses and more

• Organizing items with custom folders and tags
    • Creating and accessing multiple vaults
    • Advanced features such as viewing attachments, creating custom fields and more
      To learn more, please have a look at the Pro Features FAQ in our knowledgebase:
      https://support.1password.com/pro-features-faq/
This discussion has been closed.