Accidentally bought a copy of 1Password on your site (Agile Web Store)

Options
outrider
outrider
Community Member

Hi!

Could you please help me out? I accidentally bought a copy of 1Password on your site (Agile Web Store) not being aware of the limitations not to use iCloud to sync between my devices. I now have one iMac, MacBook, iPhone, iPad and a PC (5 devices). The bottleneck is the first license that I bought through your site for my iMac.

Could you please help my out to transfer the license to one that I could download from the Apps Store to have everything working the way I want?

I'm very happy with the product but this is the only limitation to fully use it. I don't want to use WiFi or Dropbox syncing.

Many thanks in advance,

Jens Gyllving

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:sync-options, kb-search:sync options icloud enable in system preferences, kb:icloud-enable-in-system-preferences, ug:mac/sync-icloud, kb:sync-options

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

When did you buy? If no more than thirty days ago, AgileBits will offer you a refund and you can then buy from the App Store. An actual transfer is not possible, Apple don't provide a procedure for doing it.

But if you are planning to use the PC more than occasionally, be aware that iCloud sync is not available for non-Apple devices.

If you don't like Dropbox, then of course don't use it. But the opinion of AgileBits is that it is at least as good as iCloud, and it can be used to sync between all your devices, including the PC.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @outrider,

Danco's reply is spot-on! Unfortunately Apple doesn't currently provide a way to convert a license for the AgileBits Store version of 1Password to the Mac App Store version, so if you wanted the Mac App Store version of 1Password, you would need to purchase that separately. But if you purchased a license from our AgileBits Store within the last 30 days, we can refund that - just email us at support+licenses@agilebits.com to request the refund, and make sure to include the email address you used when making the purchase so we can find it in our system.

We'd absolutely love to be able to include iCloud sync in the AgileBits Store version of 1Password as well, but unfortunately that's not currently possible. We have more information here: Why does iCloud require iOS 8, OS X 10.10, and the Mac App Store?

As danco explained, 1Password for Windows doesn't support iCloud sync, so if you need to sync your data with a Windows PC, you won't be able to use iCloud sync anyway, so in that case you won't need the Mac App Store version for your Mac.

Please know that Dropbox sync is also a great sync option. It's how many of us here have always synced our 1Password data. 1Password is secure by design and your 1Password data is end-to-end encrypted, so with regard to security there's no difference between syncing 1Password data with Dropbox or iCloud. 1Password simply doesn't depend on the security of either to protect your data.

Dropbox also has the advantage that it can be used to sync secondary vaults, and also share vaults with friends, family, and co-workers (it's not currently possible to share anything between iCloud accounts). And it's the only sync solution that works across all platforms supported by 1Password: Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android.

Hopefully this helps, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.