Login/Autotype failing for items with multiple domains + application logon

Hi there,
I have a login item with multiple domains (http, sadly not https) and multiple application logons (MozillaDialogClass and BrowserWndClass) for logon into the "default" login dialogs for HTTP or Windows logon. (Yes, that login is used for quite a bit.. Active Directory..)

Usually that works fine, but it randomly fails to show up on either system-wide hotkey Ctrl+# or using the browser extension.
It simply won't show up, and I cannot log in at all with this login. It stays like this until I open and re-save the login item (not necessarily making changes, just pressing the OK button works).
While not a "lethal bug", this is certainly annoying. I was not able to confirm, but it seems to be OK >at least< until the next restart of 1Password.

This is not the only multi-url-login I have, not even the only one with mixed url/application logins. The other onse work just fine, it is just this one item.

If you need more info, you just need to ask!

Best,
Oliver.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: Firefox 4.4.3.b2
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: None

Comments

• Hi @founderio,

You have a Login item with multiple URLs that you use extensively on sites that request the Basic Auth prompts but you're finding that pressing Control + \ doesn't always work and when it stop working, you have to manually re-save the data to fix it?

Is that correct?

You can't use the extension for Basic Auth prompts, the prompts occurs outside of the site, which is the only area that our extensions can integrate with and pressing the icon cannot see the prompt. Only Auto-Type can work outside of your browsers, which means Control + \ is the only solution for these prompts.

Do you only use Firefox? I was wondering if you see the same issue in other browsers including Internet Explorer or is it just Firefox?

• founderio
    founderio
    Community Member
    edited October 2015

Hi @MikeT,

Not quite right, although close.
    I have a Login item with URLs as well as Application Logins (Window Classes, added by Control-Clicking the "Add URL" Button).
    So, it can be used for both regular websites AND autotype. Which usually works perfectly.
    I also use this login for websites that do have a login form, where the browser extension works.

My problem is, that randomly the whole login item fails - it does not show up in the extension when I'm on one of the entered URLs, Autotype does nothing (And yes, Control-# is my hotkey for that.. sorry, German Keyboard ;) We don't have the luxury of extra keys for \ and / :( ), it behaves as if the login item were not there.

Then, after re-saving the item, it works again - only to fail again at some point.

And yes, this also affects the Internet Explorer extension.

Best,
    Oliver

• Hi @founderio,

Thanks, that really helps.

Did you try restarting 1Password Helper to see if that'd help at all? To restart Helper, open the main 1Password app and go to the Help Menu > Restart 1Password Helper?

However, can you generate the 1Password diagnostic report right after you see this issue again, so we can see what 1Password Helper is struggling with. Please use this guide to generate the diagnostic report to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

• founderio
    founderio
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

diagnostics report is underway.
    Quick Update: I tried again with several URLs from the login item - and interestingly enough the first one worked. So I have to amend my statement from before. It behaves as if there was only one URL in the login item.
    As you may be able to tell from the log [mycompanyname].net worked flawlessly, but service-flow.[oldcompanyname].com did not. Neither did the URL to the SAP NetWeaver Page.. [mycompanyname].net is the first URL in this login item.
    I was not able to test actual autotype yet. If you really need that, let me know, but I guess the problem is not with autotype itself..

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@founderio: I'm not seeing any recent emails from this address. Could you post the Support ID you received from BitBot? It will help us track down the diagnostics so we can take a look at this for you. Thanks in advance! :)

• founderio
    founderio
    Community Member

@brenty The Support ID is [#AUE-48825-944]
    Sent via my work mail, so maybe that's how it got lost..

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@founderio: No worries! Thanks for getting back to me! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and reply shortly! :)

ref: AUE-48825-944

This discussion has been closed.