Lastpass Import - Windows version poor relative to Mac version

Importing Lastpass into 1Password for Windows is not great - seems like the Mac version has lots of support to import other formats but windows users are left with the prospect of downloading and installing perl and messing about with some perl scripts using trial and error to get something imported.
Using the CSV format still leaves import without any folder structure and secure notes messed up.

If you are serious about other user's moving to 1Password you need to provide a similar version for Windows users that the Mac users get.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @fryrpc,

I can't comment on AgileBit's business decisions regarding creation of various importers, so I'll avoid that entire topic and will instead focus on getting your job done. I think is is safe to say its on The List of Good Intentions.

I think you'll find the converter suite to which you refer will give you excellent fidelity. While the process has a few more steps on Windows, the process is rather easy - just follow the instructions. Don't let the Perfect be the enemy of the Good.

• fryrpc
    fryrpc
    Community Member

Thank You Mr C
    Certainly a bit of a process to get from one to the other - good job it is a one off - really this import functionality should be in the actual app - but thank you for standing in the gap of functionality - maybe 1Password can integrate all your hard work in the future.

• @fryrpc

MrC is a treasure. He's doing amazing work making the many many various formats offered by password managers importable in 1Password.

Improving our own import routines is on the to-do list.

This discussion has been closed.