I have been using 1Password5 but cannot find the license.1PW3-XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Options
ghf
ghf
Community Member
edited October 2015 in Mac

I have been using 1Password5 without problem until downloading El Capitan. Not sure when I upgraded from 1Password3.
1Password is now giving "trail expired" notice and I cannot find my license. The only license record I have is 1PW3-XXXXXXXXX, which is for 1Password3.

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: El Capital
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb:license-file-faq, kb:add-license, kb:license-file-faq

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

I've removed your license key, which is not public information.

1Password 4 switched from using that license key to using a license file to register a copy. Version 4 was a paid upgrade from version 3, but version 5 is free to registered users of version 4.

If you enter that license key on the upgrade link in the AgileBits web store, you'll see a discounted price for the required upgrade.

• Hey @ghf! I just checked the account associated with the email address you used to sign up on these forums. Your license is for 1Password 3, but you can use it to get a discount on 1Password 5 on our upgrade page. You can then use the new license you receive via email with your new version of 1Password. Let us know if you have any questions about it. :)

• ghf
    ghf
    Community Member
    Options

I started with 1Password 3 but the version I have is 1Password 5. Where is my license for this? The "trial expired" notice is new since upgrading to El Capitan.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Please refer to this knowledge base article, which will explain why you're now seeing the "trial expired" message:

“Trial Expired” notice (Mac)

(There was actually a bug in 1P4 which prevented the notice from appearing, which may be why you have only just seen it.)

Stephen

• @ghf As I mentioned in my previous post, you'll need to purchase a license for 1Password 5. The license you have is for version 3, and it cannot be used with version 5. Once you get an email with your version 5 license, there will be text that says "Click This Link to Apply Your License". Simply click it and your license will be applied so you can continue using 1Password on your Mac. :) Let us know if that helps!

• ghf
    ghf
    Community Member
    Options

But I already have 1Password 5. How could I have that version without buying it?

• @ghf We offer a free trial of the app on our website. You may have simply downloaded the copy and began using it over the past 30 days. After the trial has expired, you'll receive a "Trial Expired" notice, as you mentioned before. Hopefully that helps clear things up.

This discussion has been closed.