downloaded windows 10,...cannot find the 1password extension icon.

I downloaded the windows 10 update. Does 1password work with windows 10? Please say yes! I cannot find the browser extension. right clicking does not allow me to find the menu bar either.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:missing-extension-button

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JBrech: Yes, 1Password works with Windows 10. I've been using it there since the tech preview earlier this year. :chuffed:

I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to though. The 1Password extension doesn't come with Windows or even the main 1Password app. But you can install the 1Password extension in supported browsers using the links in 1Password File > Preferences > Browsers. I hope this helps. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• JBrech
    JBrech
    Community Member

Sorry, I wasn't clear before,...when I downloaded the new windows 10, the new browser called microsoft edge or maybe i.e.edge seems to have replaced the old internet explorer. The new edge looks similar to google chrome, the way it is laid out, etc. Anyway, I have right clicked, left clicked, and searched as best I could to find the 1password browser button or at least enable it, but cannot locate it. Does 1password work with this new edge browser in windows 10. also, I have gone into file>preferences>browsers and looks like everything should be enabled so I need some direction.
    On a side note, did your cyber sale end, because I was considering upgrading or buying the ProFeature for my iphone. I'm off work today so I finally have some time to follow up on some of these details.

Thanks for any help or direction you can give me.

JBrech

• Hi @JBrech,

At the moment, Microsoft Edge does not have support for any plugins or extensions. Microsoft is planning to add this early next year and when they do, we'll start working on adding 1Password support assuming it is possible for us to do so.

Internet Explorer is included in Windows 10 and we do support that Internet Explorer version. Open Start Menu on Windows 10 and type Internet Explorer and it will find it for you to open, you might want to right-click on it to select Pin to Start or Pin to Taskbar, so that you can find it later.

Once you have Internet Explorer open, you should see the 1Password icon there. If you don't, right click on the area next to your tabs to select Command Bar, see if 1Password then shows up.

• JBrech
    JBrech
    Community Member

Got it, Thanks for the info.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Any time! Sorry for misunderstanding your initial question. Microsoft seems to be aiming for early 2016 for the Edge extension API, and we're looking forward to that so we can find a way to integrate with their new browser. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.