When I choose "quit 1Password" from the Apple menu, then click the icon in the dock, 1Password opens

ericamon
ericamon
Community Member
edited October 2015 in Mac

This means 1Password hasn't really quit, doesn't it?

1Password Version: 5.401
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: el Capitan
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password does not quit when I choose "Quit" from apple menu.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ericamon,

When you say 1Password opens I assume you mean it opens the main window and your vault is unlocked?

There is the main window which you see when you launch the application but there is also a helper processed we call 1Password mini that remains loaded at all times. It's what allows you to use 1Password inside your browser and all of the Auto-lock timers that can be configured from within the Security tab of 1Password's preferences.

If you want your vault to lock every time you close the main window that's quite possible. One of the Auto-lock options is titled Lock when main window is closed and ticking the checkbox will achieve this.

Does this help at all?

• ericamon
    ericamon
    Community Member

Brilliant! Thank you, that fixes it.
    Cheers
    Eric Amon

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of lil bobby, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that did the trick. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.