Error "1Password.agilekeychain is read-only"

I have already installed 1password4 on my mac and 1password6 on my iphone... all is synchronized on doropbox account. Yesterday I bought also the licence for Windows paying other 49,99$ (to much. Now I try to synch on Windows I go to File>>open vault, I select the Dropbox folder "1Password.agilekeychain" but i get error message "1Password.agilekeychain is read-only". Please provide me a solution.
Anyway plese give me more explanation about licences because is not clear to me. Do I have to buy different licenses for each different devices even if I'm the only user ?
Paolo

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@paolol72: Indeed, 1Password is sold on a per-platform basis, so 1Password for iOS is a separate purchase from the other versions. In fact, iOS apps cannot be sold anywhere else, and won't run on a computer anyway. Also, this allows people to purchase only the versions they'll actually use (for instance, if you don't have an Android device you'll have no use for that version).

Additionally, as an example, a single 1Password for Windows license entitles you (and up to 5 other family members living in the same household) to use 1Password on all of your PCs. You can find more detailed information in our knowledgebase:

1Password licensing

We do, however, offer a bundle for Mac + Windows, so if you've purchased both at full price within the past 30 days, be sure to email us at support+licenses@agilebits.com with the details so we can adjust that for you.

Regarding the error you're receiving, just take it at face value: 1Password is telling you that the vault is set to read-only, so 1Password won't be able to write any changes to it. If you'd like to edit items there, you'll need to modify the properties of the vault in Windows to allow this. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

ref: 901148

• MikeT
    edited November 2015

Hi @paolol72,

1Password checks upon launches to make sure it can make changes to your folder and if it cannot, it will prompt this message.

Dropbox isn't supposed to set folders to read-only like this, did you install Dropbox from the Windows Store or the desktop program from dropbox.com?

If the former, please install the regular desktop version from dropbox.com and let it sync everything. Once it does, open the vault from the Dropbox folder and it should then work fine.

This discussion has been closed.