hello, having trouble withChrome is connected but its code signature could not be verified.

i use Mcafee internet security. i turned the firewall off and the message still appears. Chrome is my main browser.

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: i think icloud
Referrer: kb:invalid-code-signature-win

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@vismay: There are a number of things that could prevent 1Password from validating the browser's signature. Sometimes it's simply other software interfering with the connection. Other times, it may be that the signature is invalid, due to the app being damaged, a pending update, or some other glitch.

Please close the browser and restart Windows, as often that will resolve the issue. If you're still having trouble, check that your antivirus/firewall/proxy software is not blocking localhost/127.0.0.1 connections to the 1Password Helper. Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• Hi @vismay,

If restarting the browser and/or computer doesn't help, please try this:

1. Open the main 1Password program, go to the Help Menu > Advanced to deselect Verify web browser code signature
    2. Restart Chrome, does it let you connect now?

If it still does not let you connect, then the issue is something else.

• vismay
    vismay
    Community Member

Hi Guys, thank you for your response. I deselected the verify signature option in help menu and it worked.

@brenty - i turned off my firewall and restarted chrome. it still showed up.

• what are the repercussions of deselecting verify code signature?
  • vismay
    vismay
    Community Member

When I tried to do wifi-syc for PC. It shows me an alert that "Bonjour for windows is not found"

I downloaded and ran the software but I still received the same message after. I can't see the connection but perhaps there is a deeper problem?

• Hey @vismay,

Sorry to hear that. Have you rebooted after installing Bonjour?

We'd also be interested to know which version of McAfee Internet Security you're using exactly and whether you're in a corporate environment because McAfee software hasn't been causing issues with 1Password for a long time.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.