When I open 1Password and press on website I get error message "1Password quite unexpectedly

Options
dorraine
dorraine
Community Member
edited November 2015 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

none of my saved sites will open all get "Password quite unexpectedly" and long list of numbers and unreadable info

1Password Version: 38.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: El Capitan
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:When I open 1Password and press on website I get error message "1Password quite unexpectedly

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@dorraine as it sounds as though you're using 1Password 3 I've moved your post from the 1P for Mac forum to the 1P 3 legacy forum. The best place to start is by reading the AgileBits posts in this thread at the top of the forum.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dorraine,

I do apologise for the reason you've joined our forums. Sadly it does seem like the release of El Capitan means 1Password 3 for Mac has reached the end of its lifespan. Hopefully the thread Stephen_C links to will help explain but should you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

• dorraine
    dorraine
    Community Member
    Options

I purchased latest 1password version from Apple. Do I get an upgrade discount. Will I be issued a new licence

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @dorraine,

Unfortunately we have no control over the Mac App Store. We can offer a discount on the AgileBits Store version because it's purchased from our store and here we can do as we please, including offering existing users a discount. The Mac App Store is a very different affair though and one of the features many companies and devs would love to see is the ability to offer a discount to existing users of an older version. The Mac App Store just doesn't support this though :( at least not right now. As you've noted, you didn't receive a licence but that's because all Mac App Store purchases are tied to your Apple ID, the Apple ID you're logged into the Mac App Store is what authenticates you. All you should need to do is download 1Password for Mac from within the App Store application on your Mac and launch it :smile: What will likely cause confusion is if you purchase from the Mac App Store but download from our AgileBits Download page. Apple don't tell us anything about our customers in their stores so after 30 days the AgileBits Store would say the trial has expired which you would be understandably upset about. This won't happen if you download and use the Mac App Store version.

Does that help at all?

This discussion has been closed.