I got dropbox because of sync issues between my PC and Iphone6 on ICloud

I put dropbox on both the PC and Iphone6 (ended up accidentally losing all the info on the Iphone: 135 passwords). Not using Dropbox for anthing except syncing 1password on both devices. How do I get started? How do I get the 1password into the Drop Box program. I made a backup of 1password data on my PC, but now need to bring that info back into the Iphone6. 1password is installed on the phone, but the data is gone. I was not previously able able get my sync to work so I was manually adding info to both locations. I really like 1password just need it to sync and not do double entry work. I purchased the pro features for the phone. Your help would be greatly appreciated before I make any
more mistakes

1Password Version: Version:6.0.2
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: Windows 7 version 6.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to use dropbox to sync 1password

Comments

• Hi @hp676_sbcglobal!

We're sorry that your experience with 1Password hasn't been how we'd like it to be, so far.
    This is going to change now. We're here to help.

Let me recap this for a second, so I understand it better:

1. You have 1Password 4 for Windows installed on your PC.
    2. You have a 1Password vault on your PC that you wish to sync with your iPhone using Dropbox.
    3. 1Password 6 for iOS is installed on your iPhone 6 but there's no data in it.

If all of the above is true, then you’re ready to set up Dropbox so you can share and sync your 1Password data with other computers and mobile devices. Follow these steps to put your 1Password data under Dropbox sync control:

1. Launch 1Password for Windows, and click on the Preferences tool.
    2. On the General tab, click on the Move to Dropbox button. Note: If the button is disabled, please see this article.
    3. Wait for Dropbox to finish copying your data up to your private dropbox.com web site.

After you've done this, your 1Password vault should be available in your Dropbox. From here you can follow the steps in our 1Password 6 for iOS user guide to set up Dropbox syncing on your iPhone: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios/5/en/topic/existing-user

If you find any of these steps confusing or if things don't turn out as I desscribed them, please let us know.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.