Problem of data backup

Options

Good morning,
some time 1password version 3 asks me on 'imac the master password that I do not remember, while on' ipad and iphone not, and it 'always unlocked.
I ask: if and 'possible to recover the data and possibly include them in the new version 5.
Thanks Roberto Brocchi

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 3.8.21
OS Version: osx yosemite
Sync Type: wifi, dropbox

Comments

• robertobrocchi
    robertobrocchi
    Community Member
    Options

:'(

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @robertobrocchi,

If I've understood correctly the issue is regarding the older 1Password 3 Browser Extension. Now when you first started using 1Password 5 it should have imported your 1Password 3 vault.

1. If you open 1Password 5 is your vault inside it?
    2. Do you believe there is something that is only inside the 1Password 3 Browser extension, something that seems to be missing from 1Password 5?

Now 1Password 5 doesn't use the older 1Password 3 Browser Extension, it uses a very different one which is available at our1Password Browser Extensions page. That extension can communicate with 1Password 5.

If this is more about data stuck inside of the 1Password 3 Browser Extension then you will need the password to unlock - there is no way around that. Assuming you can unlock the extension though what we will need to know is what browser you use. If it's the right one we can export the contents of the extension and help you import it into 1Password 5.

• robertobrocchi
    robertobrocchi
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your response, but I forgot my Master Password 1password3 Imac, so I can not directly import of 1password5. I unlocked the app instead of 1Password3 on Iphone and Ipad so, let me know if I can import data directly from Ipad or Iphone version 3 to 1password 5 Imac. Roberto Brocchi.

Grazie per la Vostra Risposta, ma ho dimenticato la password di Maestro di 1password3 di Imac, quindi Non Posso importare Direttamente su 1password5. Ho sbloccato invece la app di 1Password3 su Iphone Ed Ipad quindi, vorrei Sapere se Posso importare Dati Direttamente da Ipad o Iphone version 3 su 5 1Password di Imac. Roberto Brocchi.

• robertobrocchi
    robertobrocchi
    Community Member
    Options

:p

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @robertobrocchi,

We should be able to use the data in a 1Password for iOS vault, the question will be what version of 1Password for iOS are you running? That way I can make sure we don't give you any wrong instructions. Now the following image is slight out of date as 1Password 6 for iOS now exists but it should help you identify which version of 1Password for iOS your data is in. Once we have that information we should be able to help :smile:

This discussion has been closed.