Does the uninstaller on this page "https://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/uninstall.html" uninstall

Does the uninstaller on this page "https://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/uninstall.html" uninstall ONLY 1password3? I want to make sure it doesn't affect my 1password4 data. Because the warning says it will move all data folders to trash and I want to be very sure it won't do anything to my data that is used by 1password 4

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:uninstaller

Comments

• Hey @LSchaefer!

Please excuse my confusion here but you're writing in the 1Password for Windows forum and the uninstaller you're referring to is made for 1Password 3 for Mac.

If we're indeed talking about 1Password 3 for Mac, then let me tell you that you can have this uninstaller delete your data as well but you have to set a checkmark next to the option.

Additionally 1Password 4 for Mac uses a different data structure and occupies different folders on your Mac.
    1Password 3 for Mac uses ~/Application Support/1Password, while 1Password 4 for Mac and everything after uses ~/Application Support/1Password 4.

Note:
    It is always a good idea to copy your data file or the latest backup to a second location, though, or to use a backup system like Time Machine.

I hope this helps.

• LSchaefer
    LSchaefer
    Community Member

oops! I am on windows. I got to that page with the uninstall link from a help/support search, so I guess i didn't look carefully enough at the results.

SO

How do I uninstall 1 Password3 for WINDOWS? i also have 1Password 4 on my computer and they have both been here together for 6 months or so. I only use the 1 Password4 and would like to uninstall the '"3"

Thank you for your assistance.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2015

@LSchaefer: It varies depending on the version of Windows you're using, but in all cases this is built into the OS. You're looking for something in Control Panel similar to "Add and remove programs" or "Programs and features". 1Password and your other installed programs will be in that list, and you can uninstall it from there. I hope this helps! :)

Edit: and just to be clear, there was no 1Password for Windows version 3 (or 2), so you're looking for 1Password version 1.x

• LSchaefer
    LSchaefer
    Community Member

I most definitely have an icon in my program list that says "1Password 3". And I want to be sure that when I uninstall it, it does not take my data away also.

I am aware of the feature under control panel for uninstall. Again, I want to be sure it won't take the data files with it.

I am using "1Password 4" so need the data.

Thanks for your help.

• @LSchaefer - uninstalling the 1Password program will not touch the 1Password data. When you go to Programs & Features under Control Panel you will see the exact 1Password version number.

This discussion has been closed.