"Firefox is connected but its code signature could not be verified"

Since updating 1Password for Windows this morning, it keeps popping the following dialog in Firefox (41.0.2):

Firefox is connected but its code signature could not be verified.
Filling and other features are disabled until this issue is resolved.

Pressing the "View Troubleshooting Guide" button does nothing.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Local (USB Stick)

Comments

• Hello @JohnHind,

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

It looks like some piece of software on your PC is interfering with the communication between 1Password, the 1Password Helper (a necessary background application) and the browser extensions.
    The most common culprits are antivirus and firewall applications or the use of a proxy server.

Can you please tell us which security software you're using and whether you're using a proxy server?

Cheers!

• JohnHind
    JohnHind
    Community Member

Thanks @AlexHoffmann

No proxy server, but I have Avast Pro Antivirus 11.1.2239. This morning I tried disabling it and the problem had gone away. But then I enabled it again and the problem did not come back - I should have retested before disabling Avast, so I'm not sure if this had anything to do with it. It may just have been an overnight re-boot that solved the problem.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JohnHind: Ah, that makes sense. Avast is known to prevent the extension from even being installed, so I'm actually a bit surprised that you didn't mention trouble with that. Perhaps you've had it installed for a while already. If you're not using the free version, there may be a way to exclude 1Password in particular, or simply make an exception for the localhost (127.0.0.1) connection so it can communicate with the extension. I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.