Share/sync from IOS (iphone) to Windows (laptop)

Hi, I purchased the app on my iPhone and wanted to sync it with my windows (win8) laptop. However my details were not registering on windows so had to create another account with the same credentials, is this normal just because they're on two different op systems?

Also could I be guided with the setup of how to sync the two successfully?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win8
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Jaymann: You don't have an account. Your 1Password data is stored only on the device where you save it unless you sync it elsewhere. And since it sounds like you didn't set up sync, your PC couldn't get any of it. And while we can't undo the past, it's no problem to setup sync going forward:

Dropbox sync setup

You'll need to follow the instructions to setup Dropbox sync on Windows first to get the vault there. And then when you follow the guide for iOS, just choose that same vault from your PC. You'll be warned that the two vaults do not match, but that's what we expect. Simply tap More Info and then Merge the vaults, since that's what you want anyway. Let me know how it turns out! :)

• Jaymann
    Jaymann
    Community Member

Cheers Brenty! I managed to do it after I made the post. The power of perseverance lol. but man I've got a new problem, I downloaded the app via the Microsoft app store (successful). Issues:

• when opening app crashes. Second attempt always work.
    • Tabs create, edit and app browser are non-functioning.

These are the only issues I've found but there could be more but gave up.

Would it be different if I downloaded straight from your website?

• Jaymann
    Jaymann
    Community Member

Forgot to mention Brenty the system I am using is window10.

• @Jaymann - It sounds like you have downloaded our new 1Password for Windows Modern app from the Microsoft app store. This app is currently being alpha tested. For our full featured 1Password for Windows app you will need to download from our AgileBits Store. This download is a full working trial which lasts 30 days. After that you can purchase a license key from our store. Let us know how you get on with this. Thanks!

• Jaymann
    Jaymann
    Community Member

Thanks Laura. ONe last thing, in order for dropbox and 1pw to work must they be of the same platform? for instance i've down loaded the dropbox app and the file you have suggested and it seems connecting vault is going to be an issue.

P.S Do you know roughly when the 1Pw app will be concluded?

• LauraR
    edited November 2015

@Jaymann- You need to download the desktop version of Dropbox from www.dropbox.com and not the 'modern' version from the App Store. Then follow Brent's link above to set up the Dropbox sync. Let us know if you have any further problems with this and we will be very happy to help more.

Our developers are working on the new 1Password for Windows Modern and hopefully it will go into Beta soon though we have no firm dates yet.

• Jaymann
    Jaymann
    Community Member

You guys are awesome!! thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Aww, thanks! We just try to do our best for you and the rest of our awesome customers. We couldn't do what we do without you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.