I imported 500 logins to my Windows desktop vault. My chrome plugin is only showing 5.

Did I miss an option where I make the two sync?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: File
Referrer: forum-search:In my browser (Chrome), it's showing 5 logins. On my desktop vault, it's showing 500.

Comments

• tylerjgarland
    tylerjgarland
    Community Member

Ignore this. When I imported from CSV, I didn't select the URL column. DOH!

• Hi @tylerjgarland,

Thanks for updating to let us know what happened.

Please do let us know if there's anything else we can help you with and in the meantime, enjoy 1Password.

• tylerjgarland
    tylerjgarland
    Community Member
    edited November 2015

@MikeT , I did notice something odd. I had two columns in the CSV that were representing the name and url of the login. Sometimes, they were the same. github.com, github.com, username, password. I could not select a URL without it unselecting the name or viceversa. Any idea why?

• MikeT
    edited November 2015

Hi @tylerjgarland,

Did you check the source export file to see if they're listed correctly?

Also, can you tell us where the export file is generated from? We might have a better solution if we know which program it came from because we might have added workarounds for common issues.

/cc @MrC

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

I haven't seen the case where 1Password will deselect based on the same data, only when a column is already mapped.

Exports, such as those from the Firefox extension Password Exporter, can produce two columns that can appear identical. It exports a hostname column containing the URL, and also exports a formSubmitURL column, also a URL. So the Title (hostname) and URL (formSubmitURL) are often the same. When you use the 1Password for Windows CSV importer, you'd want to map the hostname to the Title and the formSubmitURL column to URL to the other, even though the data may look the same. But it may not actually be the same in all cases, so that creates a problem if you want to use just one column for two fields in 1Password.

In my opinion, the importer should allow a column to be mapped to more than a single field - this would allow a URL column to be both mapped as URL and Title. This can come in handy when, for example, some other URL field (such as the aforementioned formSubmitURL) contains extra parameters that you don't need in 1Password.

• tylerjgarland
    tylerjgarland
    Community Member

I agree @MrC , I know a lot of my Dashlane data was the same due to the variance of 3-6 columns. The 3 column sets didn't have a name, but a URL only. Those were giving me trouble but I just ended up doing a duplicate column for them. The process wasn't perfect but it did ok.

• I'm glad you found a way to make it work, thanks for letting us know.

This discussion has been closed.