Gmail Auto fill issues

Hi guys, having issues with auto-fill with gmail. All other accounts work fine however with gmail the first page asks for user name, then second page asks for password and its the second page that fails to produce the password.

There a way to resolve this?

also I have downloaded the Beta version of 1PW is it any different to the original? don't really know the difference. I would like the update version if i haven't already.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win10
Sync Type: boxdrop

Comments

• Hi @jaymann,

All other accounts work fine however with gmail the first page asks for user name, then second page asks for password and its the second page that fails to produce the password.

Are you saying all but one of your Logins for Gmail works fine to fill the password on the second page?

Try re-saving the login for the non-working item:

1. Visit the username page, enter the username but do not submit just yet. Click on the 1Password icon to go to Settings > Save New Login. Save this item as a new Login item, do not replace your pervious item
    2. Submit the form to go to the second page, fill in the password and click on the 1Password icon to select Settings > Save New Login, but this time, select the option to replace the new Login item you just created in step 1 and check the box next to Replace password only

See if this works better now.

also I have downloaded the Beta version of 1PW is it any different to the original? don't really know the difference. I would like the update version if i haven't already.

The beta versions are identical to the stable version but it includes new code that's being tested by our team to enable new features or fix bugs that were reported. This does decrease the stability of the program and can crash or do something we don't expect. You should not use this if you do not have time to report bugs to us and to help us fix it.

As for changes, you can get a detailed list of changes by pressing the More Info button in the program's updater dialog.

• Jaymann
    Jaymann
    Community Member

Thanks for the Beta explanation Mike.

I preformed as per your advise and I still have the same issue. This is what I am doing -

1. I fill in username - (no popup from 1Pw) but I select Save New Login as you mentioned.
    2. Press next.
    3. The password page appears - Fill in password and 1Pw popup appears, I save and submit and am in my account.
    4. logout
    5. Back to Username page - right-click>1Pw>gmail account. Auto fills successfully
    6. password page appears but does not auto fill or proceeds past this point.

P.S this only happens to my gmail account. I also noticed looked at 1Pw account multiple accounts and/or files are created when ideally should be under one file.

• Hi @Jaymann,

password page appears but does not auto fill or proceeds past this point.

You did right-click to select to fill the same item, right? I notice you said you did it in step 5 but not on step 6. For security reasons, 1Password does not automatically fill on second page without your intervention, you have to invoke 1Password again. The reason is if the second page isn't what you expect to see and it takes you to a different page, 1Password could fill in the password in an unexpected place.

Also, can you tell me the following:

1. Which browser are you using and its version
    2. What's the version number you have for 1Password extension in that browser. This should show up in the browser' extension settings
  • Jaymann
    Jaymann
    Community Member

Thanks @MikeT,

Sorry I forgot to mention that I did attempt right clicking at password page but still did not do anything. Actually it didn't even attempt to auto fill.

I am using Firefox 42.0 and 4.4.3 version of 1PW

• MikeT
    edited November 2015

Hi @Jaymann,

Thanks, I just tested and were able to reproduce this, this looks like a new bug in our extension.

Here's how to fix this right now; edit the Google item in the 1Password program and on the bottom, set the Designation to password next to your password field row. Save it and try again, it should fill now.

ref: OPW-519

• Jaymann
    Jaymann
    Community Member

Sorry @MikeT that failed and this time round the user name failed to auto fill, so its happening to both fields now. Also Destination was already set to pw. I did delete account numerous times and attempted but still failed. :'(

• Hi @Jaymann,

Ok, this is unusual to have it change its behavior like that and the fact that I'm seeing something else suggests I'm missing something.

Let's first get a 1Password diagnostic report from your computer, so I can try to match the software configuration as much as possible. Please use this guide to generate the report, the guide will include the email address where you can email the report to. In the email, please include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

• Jaymann
    Jaymann
    Community Member

Thanks @MikeT I have done as requested. Also another weird thing happened, I was on the Google log in page and accidentally selected my outlook account to login and it took me to outlook account and logged me in? that can't be normal.

• @Jaymann - Thanks for sending your diagnostics report. I have replied to you via email and I look forward to helping you further with this.

ref: HCH-88398-563

This discussion has been closed.