Export to CSV and Tab Delimited only working for type "Login"

VirtualNic
VirtualNic
Community Member
edited November 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I just purchased 1Password for Windows (v 4.6.0.592). After entering data I tried to do an export, using File\Export.

I realized that it's only possible to export items of type "Login" in a text format (CSV), but not the other data, e.g. stored in items of type "Generic Account".

Is there any way to export or print all the data in 1Password?

I want to be able to create some sort of data extraxt that is readable without the 1Password application, either as a exported text file or as a printout.

Thank you.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited November 2015

Hi @VirtualNic,

Is there a RealNic, I wonder?

1Password for Windows only supports importing Login items via CSV.

Which password manager program are you trying to move from? I may have a converer that works for you.

It also supports creating a format suitable for print via the onepif2html converter.

• VirtualNic
    VirtualNic
    Community Member

Hi MrC,

yes, there is a real Nic, in the real life :-)

I don't want to import something to 1Password, I want to export. I just purchased 1Password, and all data is entered.

What I want to do now is to export all data in a format that is readable without the 1Password application. It can be a text file, a PDF print or even a physical print, no matter. Important is just that I can read it without 1Password. It's just for the worst case, if I cannot access the data in 1Password.

And I know, such a backup will be outdated soon, and it will not be encrypted.

Any suggestion appreciated.

Thank you.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@VirtualNic ,

You can export in the 1PIF format, a standard text file in the JSON format.

This discussion has been closed.