OPVault unlocking is slow with 500+ items [We plan to fix this]

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password app freezing.

Comments

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

I have the same problem and I am using English, so the language is not the problem ;-). I have this freezing in the 1Password app since upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I'm using the Beta 4.6.0.592 and OPVault format.
    It seems to me that there's a problem refreshing views with many object, e.g. the Logins (597) or Generated Passwords (434) views. Whenever I click on those, the app takes a freeze for about 5-10 seconds. It also takes a long time to unlock the app with the master password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Manaburner: So you weren't having the same problem on Windows 7? It's only come up since moving to windows 10? Does this happen when viewing any item, or only certain ones?

@willxiang: I see that you're using Windows 10 as well. Do you encounter this issue only when viewing Logins, or other categories? It looks like you have much fewer items overall. Are you also using the OPVault format?

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Yes, this is happening so massively since the Windows 10 upgrade. I wouldn't say 1P was lightning fast on Windows 7 but unlocking did not take that long.
    Viewing the items themselves is fast. It's only slow when you click on views with many items, e.g. Logins, Generated Passwords, and Software in my case. After you have clicked them, clicking them again does not freeze the app. Probably because the info is cached or sth.

• Hi @Manaburner,

I don't know if you've already try this but can you try this and see if it will improve it: open the main 1Password program, go to the Help Menu > Advanced > Tune 1Password for max performance. This will disable some of the known features that can slow down the rendering of the list views such as displaying Rich Icons and so on.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi Mike,
    I haven't tried that before. I just did and opening the views is now significantly faster. Unlocking the app still takes very long, I would say something between 40 seconds to 1 minute.

• Hi @Manaburner,

This might be a known optimization issue and to confirm this, can you try this:

1. Switch to a category that doesn't have a lot of items and press the lock button
    2. Restart 1Password, does it let you unlock quickly now?
  • Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi Mike,

yes, the app is unlocking now almost instantly.

• Thanks for the update, we will fix this but unfortunately, I don't have a timeframe as it is not a quick fix.

• Just an update, I've split your posts from the other thread as the original post was an unrelated issue.

This discussion has been closed.