I'm confused about "1password anywhere". How do I have a copy of my vault w/out my devices?

I'm trying to set this up for my dad who frequently travels and is not at all tech savvy. If he's elsewhere, will he be able to view his passwords? How does he have a copy of his vault? He doesn't have dropbox etc.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:using other computer, kb:1passwordanywhere-security, kb-search:using on another computer, kb:1passwordanywhere

Comments

• Hi @russe137,

It depends on what he's bringing with him, if he's bringing his laptop or a smartphone, he can still use 1Password to unlock his vault and you could use Wi-Fi sync to sync locally between your computer and mobile devices.

If he's using a public computer, then the best thing to do is to unlock 1Password on the smartphone if he has one to grab the data and/or type it in manually, we have a large type feature to make it easy to see the password in a large font.

We don't recommend using 1PasswordAnywhere on any public computers as they could be compromised.

This discussion has been closed.