Missing Logins on Windows but Dropbox Sync Appears to be Working

I am using the latest 1Password Beta versions on both my work Windows computer and my Mac laptop at home. My Mac laptop has ~230 logins in 1Password but my Windows computer only contains 200. I am using a shared Dropbox folder to sync between the two computers and the sync seems to be working fine for most items. As an example, I updated a password yesterday on my Mac and it is update to date on my Windows computer. I first noticed it close to a month ago and thought it was an issue with one of the beta versions, but it has persisted after several upgrades on both my Windows and Mac computers.

I can't seem to identify why some logins aren't syncing to my Windows computer. They seem to be the same as any other login so I am not seeing any patterns.

I am using the OPVault encryption method if that would make any difference. Any help would be appreciated!

1Password Version: 4.6.0.BETA-593
Extension Version: 4.5.0.2
OS Version: Windows 8.1, Mac OS X El Capitan
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    edited November 2015

Hi @josten,

When you say Logins, do you mean items in the Logins category that is out of sync with the item counts or do you mean all of your items in 1Password database such as Credit Cards, Secure Notes, and so on?

One thing you should do in 1Password on your PC, is go to the View Menu to deselect Account/Wallet groups, so the sidebar matches the layout on your Mac. This should make it easier to compare item counts between both apps.

• josten
    josten
    Community Member

Mike,

Yeah, I mean the number of items in the Logins category is out of sync. The number of items in the other categories match what I am seeing on my Mac but I only have 11 records in the non logins categories.

Let me know what other information I can provide to help you figure out the root issue.

Thanks!

• MikeT
    edited November 2015

Hi @josten,

Can you email us your 1Password diagnostic reports from both Windows and Mac. This guide will show you how to do it on both. Email both reports to us at support+windows@agilebits.com and please include the link to this thread along with your forum username. Note: do not upload the reports here in the forum.

Once you emailed them, let us know here, so we can look for it and confirm we got it.

• josten
    josten
    Community Member

I just sent you an email. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@josten: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: WHJ-19293-912

This discussion has been closed.