Problems with version 1.1511.22

kevinpurcell
kevinpurcell
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Yesterday I noticed that 1Password Alpha had an update so I applied it. Here are my observations and reasons why the application is now completely busted for me:

• The update process is not working. When I opened the app after updating I had to go through the first run process again and add a vault
  • After this I checked @vaults and noticed that I now had 2 vaults from my OneDrive so I removed one of them
  • After restarting the app BOTH of the OneDrive vaults were missing
  • I have tried to add the vault back from OneDrive and the process "appears" to complete, but then there is no vault present
  • At the top right under the 1pw Icon the progress animation just keeps on going forever
  • I uninstalled 1pw Alpha thinking that this would reset the app, but when you are reinstalling it restores user settings so you are basically stuck in the same state (busted)

1Password Version: 1.1511.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 (10240)
Sync Type: OneDrive

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@kevinpurcell, I'm sorry you had that problem with the alpha app! :(

Do you have the app installed on any other devices?

• kevinpurcell
    kevinpurcell
    Community Member

@DBrown no worries about the issues. I realize that this is VERY alpha. I am more than happy to help out with testing and submitting feedback.

I do have the app installed on a Windows Phone, but I haven't tried to open it since the update. I am only testing the alpha release on my Surface Pro 3 and WP. On my other desktop I am using v4.6.

On another note I noticed that an update came through today as well 1.1511.50, but I am having issues with this version. I was able to add my vault, but as soon as I restarted the app the vault was missing.

• @kevinpurcell thanks for helping us with making 1Password better!

I had to go through the first run process again

Yes, the configuration schema was changed to be more secure, every bit is encrypted now. Teams, OneDrive and Dropbox connections and vaults are stored in roaming settings now - you will have to setup only once. Master password is stored in Credentials Manager (which is also roaming).

Note about roaming, it is controlled by Windows and we do not have direct way to trigger it. It seems that roaming sync happens when user lock his device or logoff, Windows thinks that user is moving from one device to another and sync roaming data.

I now had 2 vaults from my OneDrive

Yep, this is a bug and we are looking to fix it, unfortunately that change didn't make it in last night's 1.1511.50 release.

I have tried to add the vault back from OneDrive and the process "appears" to complete, but then there is no vault present

That is strange, if you face this issue, please open live log (Settings\Live Log) and look for anything with red color (errors) or use send button to send us that report so we can figure out how to fix it.

At the top right under the 1pw Icon the progress animation just keeps on going forever

That was fixed with latest release

I uninstalled 1pw Alpha thinking that this would reset the app, but when you are reinstalling it restores user settings so you are basically stuck in the same state (busted)

There is a way to reset whole state, run this in your browser op://reset . It will delete all roaming and local settings. Note, that your master password will stay safe in Credential Manager (hit Windows key and type Credential Manager to find it), it's stored as password for resource op:// and you can delete it there (but please keep in mind, this is irreversible, loosing master password is equal to loosing all access and starting over from scratch!).

I was able to add my vault, but as soon as I restarted the app the vault was missing.

Please send us live log to see what went wrong, we will get it fixed.

Thanks again for your help ;)

This discussion has been closed.