How to temporarily stop 1password on windows 7

How to temporarily stop 1password from working on windows 7?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 pro
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:disable-enhanced-protected-mode, kb:uninstall-1password, kb-search:temporary stop 1password, kb:disable-browser-validation

Comments

• naldrich
    naldrich
    Community Member

How to temporarily stop 1password from working on windows 7?

• MikeT
    edited November 2015

Hi @naldrich,

Can you clarify what you want 1Password to stop doing?

You can terminate the program by opening 1Password and go to the File Menu > Exit.

The browser extension and 1Password Helper would still be working and it would continue to save your data as needed. Is this what you want to stop?

• naldrich
    naldrich
    Community Member

I just wanted to go to a website and NOT have 1Password try to open it. Also I would like to be able to temp have 1Password NOT do anything. Sorry I should have been clearer. Just trying it out now on a couple of websites between my Windows 7 and my iPhone 6 and my MacAir Pro using Dropbox to sync. Looking good so far, but I have a "gazillion" passworded websites, some accessed by work, church, and personal email addresses. I need to keep them separate yet be able to access them all from different devices.

• MikeT
    edited November 2015

Hi @naldrich,

I just wanted to go to a website and NOT have 1Password try to open it.

Are you clicking on the website within the 1Password program or are you manually going to the website in your web browser? If you're visiting sites manually, 1Password does not do anything by default.

If you are opening from the 1Password program, you can suppress the filling action by holding the Control key on your keyboard before clicking on the website or double-clicking on it in the list view.

Looking good so far, but I have a "gazillion" passworded websites, some accessed by work, church, and personal email addresses. I need to keep them separate yet be able to access them all from different devices.

1Password support multiple vaults for this reason, you can store all personal items into your personal vault, work into work vault and so on. You can switch between them whenever you need to, it's a great way to separate your data and avoid seeing non-relevant data in 1Password when you're in the work mode. If you're sharing certain accounts between family, friends or co-workers, you can also create a vault to sync it with them, so that both of you would have the same data.

You can also avoid the multiple vaults feature and store everything in one vault and separate the Login item by its title for each account, something like Site (Work), Site (Personal), and so on if you want to do this.

• naldrich
    naldrich
    Community Member

Thanks for the great and fast answers. This looks so far to be very good for multiple users so I don't have to remember everyone's passwords when we all use the same sites.etc. Thanks.

• You're welcome. If we can be of further assistance, please do let us know.

If you have a lot of users that you want to manage with 1Password, we are working on something for that in the near future. You can check out our upcoming 1Password for Teams service.

This discussion has been closed.