I backed up my mac on a Seagate drive with time machine. How do I get iPassword back on computer?

Options
alimccolloch
alimccolloch
Community Member

I took my mac into apple to get it completely cleaned out. They told me to buy a Seagate drive and backup the computer. I backed up the entire computer and then had apple wipe out my computer and basically make it brand new. Now I am trying to put ipassword back on my computer and it is not working. How do I get my ipassword data back on my computer?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I backed up my mac on a Seagate drive with time machine. I need to put password back on computer?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @alimccolloch,

So as far as the actual application goes, all you need to do is download it from the same location you purchased it. If you purchase the AgileBits Store version directly from us you will want to download from our AgileBits Download page. If you purchased from the Mac App Store then you would redownload from the inside the App Store application on your Mac.

Now for your data. The paths for the 1Password support files are as follows

• AgileBits Store: ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/
    • Mac App Store: ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/

This is where we store the data in your user folder. So if your OS X user account is called LittleBobbyTables then the ~ in translated by OS X to /Users/LittleBobbyTables/. So if you access your Time Machine backup that is where you will need to look. Once you find that folder you will want to copy it to the correct location in your new user account and 1Password should pick up from where it left off. Time Machine is okay in some circumstances, I use it myself but I'm unsure how easy it is to use a backup from a completely different installation. If you have any troubles please do let us know.

This discussion has been closed.