2 questions - downloading newest version on PC and syncing

I've loaded a lot of info into PC (version 4). Dumb question I hope, but how to down load newest version onto PC and I WILL NOT LOSE INFO CORRECT?? I'm having syncing issues but wanted to start with having both versions the same. Iphone has version 6.0.2. Once downloaded, will this clear up in ability to sync.
thanks,
Kenny

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:downloading newest version, kb:legacy-versions, kb-search:downloading newest version, kb:legacy-versions, kb-search:downloading newest version

Comments

• Hi @nsealing,

Your 1Password data is stored outside of the 1Password program files, downloading a new copy of 1Password or replacing your 1Password version does not impact the data stored for it. 1Password 4.6 is the latest version on Windows and 1Password 6.0.2 is the latest for the iOS platform, both versions can read the same data file you have.

If you're having sync issues, reinstalling 1Password would not fix it in most cases. Can you tell us more about the issues you're having? Are you syncing over Wi-Fi or Dropbox?

• nsealing
    nsealing
    Community Member

thanks mike, we are attempting to sync over wi-fi, have turned off our ESET - still not working.
    regards,
    K

• LauraR
    edited November 2015

@nsealing - I'm sorry you are having problems with the WiFi sync. Here are some troubleshooting steps -

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks!

• nsealing
    nsealing
    Community Member

Laura,

Thanks. Without getting a network person out, we tried turning off wi-fi + reset, disconnected router, disabled firewall. We adjusted the LAN settings (we don't use a LAN) and in the advanced tab attempted to add 127.0.0.1 to the exceptions. A warning came up that read: the settings for the proxy server you've chosen to use are blank. this prevents access to the internet.do you want to turn off the proxy connection. currently in the exception window we show: *.local. we did not make any changes to this setting. the 1password error we continue to recieve is: computer not found 1password would not find a MAC or PC to sync with. Please make sure your computer is connected to the same wi-fi network and is running 1password app with wi-fi sync option enabled.

• @nsealing - I'm so sorry this still isn't working for you. Can you double check that your iPhone and Windows PC are connected to the same WiFi network. Some WiFi networks have both a named and a guest network.

• nsealing
    nsealing
    Community Member

yes we have checked that. confirmed same network

• @nsealing - Thanks for checking that and I'm sorry it didn't help. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Windows PC:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• nsealing
    nsealing
    Community Member

sent the report. not sure about the Bit Bot

• @nsealing - Thanks, I see your email with the report and I will reply via email.

ref: BSN-58712-952

• nsealing
    nsealing
    Community Member

Laura,

We made the changes on PC, however do not have the same path on (Iphone6) as you indicate. In Settings, we do not have a SYNC tab. Once tested if this ultimately works, we'd prefer not to Dropbox, rather we have alternate programs SYNC & Share that we might like to use. Would it be the same set up

Thanks,
    Kenny

• nsealing
    nsealing
    Community Member

Laura,

Although we didn't fiind the SYNC path, it appears the 1Password attempted to download to Dropbox. Now there is an error in Dropbox: Problem loading 1Password data file. A key data file could not be loaded and 1PasswordAnywhere could not be loaded without it.

• @nsealing - I have replied to your email. Let's keep the conversation via email to avoid duplicating work. Thanks:)

This discussion has been closed.