Missing Entries in all devices

I have logins that I have had since I started using 1Password several years ago. But lately I have been finding that entries are no longer in there. The first time I couldn't find one that I knew was in there, I thought I may have accidentally deleted it. But I have been finding more and more of them. The latest one was my checking account into, which I know has been in there for years, I didn't accidentally delete it, and it has disappeared. It's not just in one category either, I have found logins, and wallet items missing - and they are not there whether looking at it thru ios or Windows. Is there something that could be causing this? I have too many to know how many I may have lost, I generally figure it out when I am looking something specific up. I need to figure out what the issue is, or move to another software, because of course I can't be losing this information, especially client info..

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 8r2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb-search:Missing entries

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@burcher: That is very concerning. Fortunately, 1Password saves backups of your data automatically, so you should be able to restore from one of those to get back to a known-good state. That's a good place to start.

As far as my guess as to what happened in the first place, my first thought is that you may have run into some sort of sync issue or conflict...which, when you list your sync method as iCloud, that's a bit of a red flag, since iCloud Sync isn't available on Windows. Can you tell me a bit about your setup? Without some basic information on where you're syncing data (and how you're actually doing it), it's hard to do more than guess. Thanks in advance! :)

• burcher
    burcher
    Community Member

I can't restore from a backup or I would lose any new ones that I have entered, unless it will only add ones not in the vault. I was incorrect, I'm using Dropbox to sync. The computer and iPad sync automatically.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@burcher: Ah, thank you! Double check your Dropbox setup. Often the issue is that the two devices are syncing with separate vaults, or they are logged into different Dropbox accounts. Just follow the steps in this guide, as it will help narrow down the problem:

Dropbox troubleshooting

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

This discussion has been closed.