Having all vaults unlocked when entering password for primary vault

_user
_user
Community Member
edited November 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi

I'm using 1password for mac, windows and ios. For both ios and osx I only need to enter the password for my primary vault and then my primary and all the vaults I share with others are unlocked. On windows I have to enter the password for the vault in question every time I change vault. How can I make all vaults unlock once I enter the password for my primary vault on windows?

Best

1Password Version: Newest
Extension Version: Newest
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @_user - 1Password on Mac and 1Password on Windows handle multiple vaults differently. 1Password for Windows does not include the concept of primary and secondary vaults, so each vault is locked and unlocked separately. In 1Password for Mac unlocking your primary vault will grant access to all vaults.

1Password on Mac and iOS has a central database file that keeps all of your vaults and enables it to unlock all vaults at once via the primary master vault.
    This doesn't exist on Windows, it read and writes to your vault files directly, rather than dealing with one database file.

I hope this helps to explain. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

• _user
    _user
    Community Member
    edited November 2015

So basically you're saying that it cannot be done and won't ever be possible? :) Not even with an "unlock all vaults when vault "this and that" is unlocked"-check box? Or maybe an option saying "Don't prompt me for passwords for X minutes when switching between vaults"?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2015

@_user: _We won't say 'never' but currently 1Password for Windows only works with a single vault at a time...and as such any time you open a vault, it will _need_ the correct Master Password simply to decrypt the data so it can read it. I'm not sure what the solution will be, but we'd definitely like to make things more consistent between platforms. We definitely appreciate the feedback on how you'd like 1Password to work in the future! :)

This discussion has been closed.