I do not have a 1password.html file

I have followed instructions from a previous thread but it has not resolved the issue.

I just set up 1Pass and then went General -> "Move to Dropbox". The vault is on dropbox and I can access it from other computers with 1pass installed but there is no 1password.html file in the folder.

Is their somewhere I can download this file. (I'm assuming it is generic) Or how do i solve this issue? Do i have to turn on "1 Password Anywhere" in the preferences somehow?

Thanks for the help.

1Password Version: 4.60.592
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:1passwordanywhere-security, kb:agile-keychain-design, ug:mac/1passwordanywhere, kb:1passwordanywhere

Comments

• pp9x2
    pp9x2
    Community Member
    edited November 2015

Well after following the users recommendation in this question I have found the 1password.html file.

I needed to download the Iphone app and sync...

This should be fixed so people without Iphones can use 1password anywhere.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pp9x2: Sorry for the confusion! 1PasswordAnywhere is a legacy feature (from 1Password 3) built into the old AgileKeychain format which won't be supported going forward as we move to OPVault, which is why it's being phased out. You can, however, download it here if you like.

• ziggurism
    ziggurism
    Community Member

@brenty: When will the switchover to OPVault happen? I still rely on 1PasswordAnywhere, so I want to make sure I don't accidentally update to a version that will remove support for that feature.

• Hi @ziggurism,

Soon but we don't have a specific timeframe, we want to switch ASAP but we want to make sure the switch goes smoothly as well.

• jmacdonagh
    jmacdonagh
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT, could you be a bit more specific? I understand that the AgileKeychain format is being replaced, but does that mean you don't intend to update 1PasswordAnywhere to work with OPVault?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jmacdonagh: No. 1PasswordAnywhere is built into the AgileKeychain design. OPVault was designed without it, and it isn't something we plan to retrofit. It would actually be nearly impossible to do so, since 1PasswordAnywhere took advantage of the one-file-per-item design of AgileKeychain; whereas OPVault uses bands instead for privacy and sync efficiency. 1Password for Teams — currently in beta — is the direction we're heading for remote access, and it's already far more secure and powerful than 1PasswordAnywhere. Definitely check it out! :)

This discussion has been closed.