1Password for Windows updates

EAPTCB
EAPTCB
Community Member
edited November 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

when is Windows desktop going to be updated?

What with the release of the new sharing version and also the Windows 10 AppStore version ( which I was reluctant to try due to all the negative reviews) it seems that every other version of 1Password has had updates/facelifts and regular changes.

But us poor Windows desktop users seem to have been left out in the cold. When I look through other posts on the forum, all I see is the same old answer of 'we are definitely releasing an update in the future, but as of yet can't promise a date' (or words to that effect)

So come on Agilebits, keep us Windows desktop users as happy as all the other platforms. :(

I really don't understand the delay...unless it's coming to an end for Windows desktop?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

when is Windows desktop going to be updated?

@EAPTCB: 1Password for Windows receives regular updates. More than any other platform, actually. However, it has not received, as you put it, a 'facelift'. We have a number of plans for 1Password for Windows going forward, and the develoemtn team is hard at work...but of course I can't get into specifics or offer you a timeline, as that's subject to change. If there's something specific you'd like us to add, though, be sure to let us know. Feedback like that can help us prioritize what we work on next! :)

• EAPTCB
    EAPTCB
    Community Member

Thanks @brenty I appreciate your response. Primarily it's the GUI and additional categories which would be nice to see. I love the iOS version and it's everything I need. But when I use the Windows version, although excellent in its functionality, it's just so drab and not very 'pretty'

• Hey @EAPTCB,

Just like Brent said, we have a couple of ideas for the next version and if you take a look at the 1Password for Windows Modern Alpha, you can get a pretty good idea of where things could go.

Cheers!

• steve28
    steve28
    Community Member

@brenty - "All vaults" needs to come to windows...

• MikeT
    edited November 2015

Hi @steve28,

I've replied to your other thread on that. All Vaults is planned but it is not a quick change as it will require a major upgrade to 1Password for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.