Creating duplicates! Anyway to de-dupicate?

duanej
duanej
Community Member
edited November 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

OK. So i attempted the process here (https://support.1password.com/switch-to-opvault/win.html) to change my Vault from the agilekeychain to the opvault format as follows:

Using the latest Windows version of the app (admittedly the trial version) I backed up and exported the data, then created a new opvault vault, then imported my data.

When I opened my macbook version (again latest version), I disabled syncing, and then re-enabled syncing. I selected the new opvault and then it asked me to merge the data, so I did, and then it created duplicates of all my data!!

My iOS version would have done something similar I believe, so perhaps I'm approaching this all wrong??

Please help me, how can I undo this, or prevent this happening?

Thanks,
Duane.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592 (WIN), 5.4.1 (OSX), 6.0.2 (iOS)
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: Win 8.1, OSX 10.11.1
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: kb:switch-to-opvault, kb:backup-faq, kb:switch-to-opvault

Comments

• Hi Duane,

We're sorry to hear that your experience of switching from AKF to OPV wasn't good.
    Since you're using a lot of devices, it would be best to make the switch on one, wipe the data on every other device, and then repopulate it coming from one source.

The reason you're seeing duplicates is because 1Password will always err on the side of caution before overwriting or deleting an item.
    Unlike 1Password 4 for Windows, the Mac and iOS versions use internal database that they compare the data available in iCloud and/or Dropbox to.

My advice would be to make the switch on your Mac. Before you attempted the move from AKF to OPV, was the 1Password data on your Mac complete and current?

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.