can NOT get my master password correct. seriously going crazy. Can't I just start over. please!!

Options
ChristyP
ChristyP
Community Member

Signed up for new account. Created a master password but clearly did not write it down correctly. Can not get into 1 password, losing my freaking mind. How can I reset it???!?!?!?! Just start over. thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:forgot master password, kb:forgot-master-password, kb:starting-over, ug:mac/new-computer, kb:starting-over

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

See this knowledge base article:

How do I start over with an empty vault?

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ChristyP,

I'm sorry you've been having trouble with your master password! Hopefully the article from Stephen's link helps you with that. Or if you haven't done that yet and think you're entering the correct master password but it isn't accepted, we have some suggestions here that might help: My Master Password is not being accepted. What should I do?

If you haven't entered any data in 1Password yet, or if you can easily re-enter the data, it's probably just easier to follow the steps to start over with a new vault. Either way, please let us know how it goes and if you have any questions about that. Thanks! :)

• ChristyP
    ChristyP
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

Got it figured out. thanks

• @ChristyP On behalf of Drew and Stephen, you're welcome! Let us know if you need anything else.

This discussion has been closed.