Syncing stopped working between Windows and iOS via Dropbox.

I originally setup 1Passwod on iOS and synced perfectly over icloud between devices.
I added a Windows PC to the mix, and switched the sync to dropbox on the PC - seemed to be working, but soon the iOS devices, which I also had switched to Dropbox were out of sync.

I made a backup of the vault. and Restored the backup to a new vault on the PC (stored on Dropbox) and point all the iOS devices to it -- the iOS devices claimed they found 0 items in the new vault.

Per the troubleshooting directions, I tried use 1PasswordAnywhere to confirm that 1Password was writing to Dropbox and syncing correctly, but 1PasswordAnywhere would never open - giving me the Problem loading key file error with regards to encryptionkeys.js file.
I can see that the encryptionkeys.js file exists in the data->default folder on Dropbox, and I confirmed that the security permissions were correct.

I don't know what else to do -- I am ready to pay for all the versions, PC/Mac/iOS, but if the syncing won't work, I can't do it. My demo will expire on Nov 14 -- I hope we can get this resolved before then.

1Password Version: Windows v 4.60.592
Extension Version: chrome 4.4.3.90
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search: OnePassword Anywhere doesn't work, locally or in dropbox

Comments

• @Sligdoc - I'm so sorry you are having a problem with the Dropbox sync on your iOS devices. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

—Windows—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• Slugdoc
    Slugdoc
    Community Member

Strangely, I don't seem to be able to save the diagnostics file.
    When I choose Export to File, nothing happens. No dialog box to choose location.

• Hi @SlugDoc,

Can you try to reboot the computer and then export again. If nothing happens, try this: open Windows File Explorer and type %TEMP% in the address bar. See if a new zip file was created called 1Password.zip or if not, look for any new files starting with 1Password. and compress them into a zip file to send it to us.

Can you email that to us or even if you didn't find any files, email us anyway at support+windows@agilebits.com with the link to this thread. Let us know here when you sent it us, so we can look for the email and confirm we got it.

• Thanks @Slugdoc - we have received your email and we will reply shortly.

ref: IGS-89228-486

• Slugdoc
    Slugdoc
    Community Member
    edited November 2015

OK, I just sent two emails - 1 for Mike, 1 with screenshots for Laura. Thank you.

• @Slugdoc - thanks for your emails. I'm so glad we were able to resolve the issue for you by using the Repair option in 1Password on your Windows PC. I am going to close this thread so if you have any further questions just reply to our email and we will be happy to keep the conversation going there.

This discussion has been closed.